Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: 3/24 South Carolina redfish  (Read 2647 times)

SpottedTail

• Spotted Tail Productions
3/24 South Carolina redfish
« on: March 26, 2007, 11:42:35 AM »
Woke up this morning and was on the flat as the sun rose. It was slick calm and the fish were pushing water and even tailing on the flat we were fishing. We had a few schools working around us, and even a few very big singles pushing in water that barely covered their backs. At one point after the sun had gained a little height we saw a lone cruiser that was close to 40" long, a rare sight on the flats around here. We ended the day with two reds, a slot fish on the fly rod and a 28" 7lb red that fell for a gulp crab.

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
Re: 3/24 South Carolina redfish
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 12:14:29 PM »
Nice!!
Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: 3/24 South Carolina redfish
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 02:43:01 PM »
Very nice fish. Excellent catch.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum