Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Hey Dleo  (Read 2071 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Hey Dleo
« on: September 15, 2006, 12:41:50 PM »
Hey Leo you told me about some one part finish you were working with that was really hard. Can you link to it or refresh my memory on what it was called?

BTW, you fishing this weekend?
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

dleo6446

Re: Hey Dleo
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 07:02:19 PM »
Hey Mike, it is actually a 2 part finish that dries and hardens quicker than  the flex Coat.  It is a product called Diamondite Rod Finish and it is manufactured by Swifty Manufacturing out of California.
The good side:  2 parts resin, one part hardener; dries in a little over an hour; harder but  still somewhat pliable; can be completley cleaned up with alcohol prior to set up (thats important because of all the times I screw up with applying wrap finish), brush or applicator easily cleans up with alcohol.
The bad side, make sure you have it where you want it prior to set up, once it sets, you don't get it off; it is extrmely sensative to temperature and humidity in the mixed up state high humidity, and it takes a lot longer to set, cool temperatures, and it is really slow.

Before you buy any, look me up and I will give you enough of it to try to see if you like it, just bring a couple of bottles to put the stuff in.

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 09:07:04 PM »
Opps I guess all the boat talk must have scrambled my two brain cells. I was thinking you said one part. But any thing that dries that quick and lasts a good long time is something I definitely want to try.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

dleo6446

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 11:10:00 PM »
I will drop a couple of bottle off at CT for you this week sometime, aong with some directions on using it, give it a try on some dowell rod and see what you think of it...

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 10:39:01 AM »
Will do Leo, thanks alot!