Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Report: June 8  (Read 1857 times)

Ihatespeedbumps

Report: June 8
« on: June 08, 2008, 05:31:45 PM »
So I don't like fishing reports much, but I'm feeling compelled to write one, so I will keep it short and simple. I don't want the Obey being raped and pillaged like the Caney.

Lots of very aggressive brook trout.
Streamers and midges will make it happen.
There won't be many crowds.
Fish are in exceptional health.
Generation has been good.

Curtis Martin

Re: Report: June 8
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 08:01:23 PM »
Does the river have much of a flow to it since they have backed the wheels off some on the Cumby? LRM and I were up there this past President's Day and I had to strip a soft hackle to get it to swing. Good to hear things are improving.

Brook trout? When did they start releasing them into the Obey. I have heard tales of a few that "accidentaly" got out from the hatchery and grew to decent size, but I didn't know they were stocking them in there now.

Thanks for the update.

Curtis

Ihatespeedbumps

Re: Report: June 8
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 09:31:11 PM »
flow wasn't great, but the water wasn't really low either. We fished streamers most of the day, but I was able to drift some midges as well. I talked with a local and he said they stocked a truck load of brookies in this Thursday, so that might explain why we caught what we did.

I have been fishing this river for 10 years now, and I can say this is by far the best its ever been.