Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Trolling DHL in May,in the rain on fire,a fishing report  (Read 2513 times)

fishfindergeneral

• www.trolldhl.com
Trolling DHL in May,in the rain on fire,a fishing report
« on: May 14, 2009, 12:31:20 PM »
To start,Dale Hollow is flooded, the flood gates are open for the first time in almost forty years.The trolling will be tough with all the debris.That aside with the water flowing the trout will be biting.Troll spoons 10 to 35 ft deep on the lower end in and around the creeks and points.We trolled all day on the 3rd  in the rain and landed 21 fish and lost 7 other good size ones.they were mostly comprised of rainbows but all together 5 different species including some nice smallies and a couple of nice 9lb channel cats.In this photo are the 5 biggest bows totaling 27 lbs.   
Dave

Dave   

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: Trolling DHL in May,in the rain on fire,a fishing report
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 01:07:32 PM »
Hey Dave I fixed your posts and made them into one. Damn those are some good looking fish.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 02:06:09 PM »
Sweet post! Thanks for sharing.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

fishfindergeneral

• www.trolldhl.com
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 04:53:54 PM »
Fished last saturday and I was right on both occasions the trout bite was on,we got 15 bows but I have never seen so much debris in the water from 75ft trees to trash.It was hard trolling but worth it.  Dave
Dave