Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Little Red Turkey Day  (Read 2624 times)

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
Little Red Turkey Day
« on: November 26, 2006, 10:05:57 PM »
Fished the LR a couple of days with my brother Jay over the holiday.  Weather was perfect, and fishing was great.  We kept moving and never fished the same place twice.  We floated most stretches of the river and caught fish on several shoals spread out all over in different conditions---(low water, falling water, rising water, and full generation)...most of the time, with the water to ourselves.  SO many anglers fish this river wrong---overcrowding popular shoals and boating over others' fishing lanes.  Once we were able to get away from those hassles, we encountered wonderful places.  One of my best trips.

Travis

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: Little Red Turkey Day
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 07:15:44 AM »
Very nice Travis. I wish I had known you were up there I would have paid you to haul my boat to back Memphis. ;D I guess I'll be making a run to MT Home in the next week or so to get it. I was hoping to fish the White while I was there but this post might change my itinerary a little. Thanks for sharing.

Mike
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

B PRICE

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 09:34:45 AM »
Very nice fish.
    Mike that sure makes that trip to get your boat look a little better!!!
B PRICE

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 09:39:46 AM »
Let's go.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 10:26:14 PM »
Mike,
I'd be glad to pick up your boat ....I'll even test drive it for you to make sure the Jet's running well---just disregard the wader boot tracks on the floor ;D
I'm sure you'll do well wherever you go---the water release is usually the deciding factor when I'm deciding on those rivers...Unfortunately, you never know in advance like we do from TVA.  The LR fished great when we found the tail-end of falling water, but they've been releasing more cfs more often, lately.  Hope you find some good fish on your trip.

Travis