Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Lake Taneycomo  (Read 1430 times)

z-man

Lake Taneycomo
« on: March 11, 2008, 04:52:25 PM »
My wife and I are going to Branson the week after Easter and I would like to get in some fishing.  I've read that the fishing is pretty good.  Has anyone fished this water? If so any guides that you suggest.  What to use would really help. I plan on taking my 4,6,8 weights-trying to cover all the bases.  Thanks in advance.

jarrod white

• Jdub
  • Global Moderator
  • "I live because I fish, I work because I have to."
Re: Lake Taneycomo
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 10:29:54 PM »
I dont know your schedule , but you will be close to Arkansas. I have driven to the spring and the norfork or white from there. I dont remember it being too bad of a drive.  :o Great fishing too ;D
I just don't care!

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 12:20:09 PM »
Check out John Wilson's website:
Flyfishingarkansas.com
There is a Taneycomo/Missouri forum, I believe.

One angler, "Nightstalker", posts regularly and specializes in streamers up by the dam(s) of Taney for some large trout--I believe he's even started a night fishing guide service.  I've seen some photos from a fisherman I met who had caught some absolute hogs there at night in the fall....10lbs+.

Good Luck,

Travis

z-man

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 05:53:40 PM »
thanks for the advice. I will take a look at the site. I'll have about 4 hours every morning to fish and maybe an evening or two.  Any idea what to use? buggers, clousers,etc.

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 12:52:48 PM »
My go-to pattern for night is anything black.  Davy Wotton posted once a pattern of his that resembled a black muddler minnow with a few of his personal touches.  He emphasized to keep it unweighted and near the surface because the fish are looking up----I've tried something like it, and it works quite well. 
White buggers are what the angler told me he had caught the big guys on.  I'm also a sucker for mouse patterns that make a wake....but you've got to have a clear sky and some moonlight.

Taney's like a lake, so the wading is limited, and I've heard the daytime crowds can get annoying.
I know the White and Little Red are usually getting some caddis round the time you'll be there--imagine the same for up there--And Sowbugs should be a given.

Good Luck,
Travis