Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: "I hope we aren't biting off more then we can chew..." ~ David A. Neely  (Read 10584 times)

jbweld

Re: "I hope we aren't biting off more then we can chew..." ~ David A. Neely
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 01:28:07 PM »
That road is marked  ;D   What time did you put in?

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 09:17:40 PM »
We put in around 9:30. It's a sweet float but be forewarned the haul over land is nothing short of risky. That both of us got out without an ankle injury or worse is pure luck.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 09:20:50 PM »
Here's a crappy video I put together. I didn't try hard on this one while shooting or processing it. It still captures Dave's excitement.
http://michaelanderson.smugmug.com/Family/Video/22344013_nwSH3r#!i=1798473419&k=xWJgbkS&lb=1&s=A
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

TheYiman

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 10:07:11 PM »
Cool video.  That scenery is awesome!

bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 12:07:44 AM »
Imagine if you'd hit the dry part when it still had some flow.  You would have had a much easier paddle out, but you'd be pretty confused about why the fish completely stopped biting for 4 miles.

bd

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 07:35:25 AM »
Nice tail splash towards the camera man.

gaspergou

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012, 08:13:34 AM »
Glad the microphone was so far away in that first part... my follow-induced Tourette's kicked in pretty good on that one.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 08:56:43 AM »
Cool video and nice work Dave!

Scenery is incredible.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 09:25:06 AM »
Glad the microphone was so far away in that first part... my follow-induced Tourette's kicked in pretty good on that one.

I laugh about that every time I watch it.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 10:24:47 AM »
I put on my headphones when I got back to my desk. Just a little bit of cussing going on.  :D
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

bd

• Global Moderator
Now that I think about it, 11 miles was a pretty long float trip for one day even if you had water the whole way.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

Plateau Angler

• The Trout Zone
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 09:36:13 PM »
Nice fish and epic adventure!  I think I might need a kayak now.  I've been wanting to explore some of the streams on the east side of the Plateau but will have to get a boat to cover much water.  Looks like you guys have the perfect setup.  Do you ever feel nervous standing on those or are they really stable?

countryflyfisher

• fishing water noone talks about
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 09:31:35 PM »
There are a few things I am figuring out about Dave. One the man knows how to fish for them toothy critters Two if you fish with him expect to cover some miles and 3 he has tree trunks for legs. Great looking fish Dave
The more I fish the more I realize it isn t about the fishing.  The older I get the more I realize it is about the moments God has hand crafted just for me. 

countryflyfisher

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 09:45:09 PM »
Nice fish and epic adventure!  I think I might need a kayak now.  I've been wanting to explore some of the streams on the east side of the Plateau but will have to get a boat to cover much water.  Looks like you guys have the perfect setup.  Do you ever feel nervous standing on those or are they really stable?

The only time I feel nervous is when I can he hear the next set of rapids from a mile away. Standing is the easy part.

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2013, 09:14:53 AM »
I am sooo ready to do this float again. I think we've got a way to bypass the drag this time. I'm thinking an overnight stay in the gorge is in order so we can take all the time we want fishing.
Dave lets get on this as soon as it becomes navigable again.