Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Hey TWiles...  (Read 6850 times)

Bfish

• FishHead
Re: Hey TWiles...
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 07:30:06 PM »
You guys bout made me spew a perfectly good Modelo on the keyboard.  ;D
Yea, I am cleaning up Lagunitas IPA

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 10:36:20 PM »
Honestly that video pissed me off less than those stupid "tarpon tournament" shows on t.v. where fifty boats sit rail-to-rail jigging until someone snags a fish and tows it all over god's green earth for a weigh-in.  Nothing better that killing a bunch of fish so that ESPN can sell some sponsorship ads.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I find it ironic that anglers aren't even allowed to raise a mature tarpon out of the water, but the slaughter of that bullshit tournament to spawning fish gets bogus, hyped, big money sponsorship.

It's starting to get the negative press it deserves.  Hopefully " Save the Tarpon" will get this thing outlawed.  (At least ban the beachside fish tow)

http://savethetarpon.com/

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 08:20:45 PM »
Honestly that video pissed me off less than those stupid "tarpon tournament" shows on t.v. where fifty boats sit rail-to-rail jigging until someone snags a fish and tows it all over god's green earth for a weigh-in. 

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2

Kind of sounds like fishing in the fall on the Caney with out ESPN. 

Just Sayin,

Pal

ps---I am not apposed to fall fishing, spring fishing, or even summer fishing on the beach (all spawning periods for different species of fish).  The tarpon migration through Boca Grande, yea---if I were down there I would fish that too. However, it would be north, outside the jetty of coarse where there is a sharp sand bar that tends to expose dark backs and flashy bodies.   
Come to think of it, I need to head to the Potomac river, I heard catching skippies on 5wt spey is exhilarating... I am going once I get my orvis jacket.  tight line and short strips
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

jarrod white

• Jdub
  • Global Moderator
  • "I live because I fish, I work because I have to."
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 08:53:23 PM »
Wow, an Orvis jacket   man you are really moving into this Flyfishing clique
I just don't care!