Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Sling Packs  (Read 12916 times)

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Sling Packs
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 08:21:57 AM »
That's a good looking pack David.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 03:45:10 PM »
If I ever laid my hands on one I'd likely own it. I love the Atom which is close to the same bag with less storage.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2013, 11:49:51 AM »
USPS delivered one of these to my house yesterday with a return address to Kelso TN..

I put it together this morning and I'm really, really, impressed with the thought that went into engineering this pack. I have no doubt this pack will be with me for several years. I'm really starting to love Patagonia brand products. Not just hype, this stuff performs.

David, I don't know what I can do to thank you for the kindness you've displayed to me and everyone on this board over the years. THANK YOU for the gift!

Keeping this board up and running is never a question considering all the truly great people I've been blessed to get to know and call friend from here. Wanna meet some of the most caring and giving folks in this fishing community look no further then the pages on this board.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 06:01:20 AM »
USPS delivered one of these to my house yesterday with a return address to Kelso TN..

I put it together this morning and I'm really, really, impressed with the thought that went into engineering this pack. I have no doubt this pack will be with me for several years. I'm really starting to love Patagonia brand products. Not just hype, this stuff performs.

David, I don't know what I can do to thank you for the kindness you've displayed to me and everyone on this board over the years. THANK YOU for the gift!

Keeping this board up and running is never a question considering all the truly great people I've been blessed to get to know and call friend from here. Wanna meet some of the most caring and giving folks in this fishing community look no further then the pages on this board.

Amen brother!!! I consider myself lucky to know you guys!! And DD..... there probably isn't a kinder, more generous person anywhere!!! I Love my TFTN Brothers, and would do just about anything for them......."But you still can't have my Bud Light" ;) ;) ;) ;)
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 07:11:57 AM »

Amen brother!!! I consider myself lucky to know you guys!! And DD..... there probably isn't a kinder, more generous person anywhere!!! I Love my TFTN Brothers, and would do just about anything for them......."But you still can't have my Bud Light" ;) ;) ;) ;)

That does it, i think Yoda needs to be put on PROBATION ;)

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 04:04:38 PM »
Looked at the brick and mortar shops multiple times, no bag, ended up with one in the mail. Took some looking to find one, Tom has since found them everywhere in Oregon.

Never looked at Patagonia gear much, but thanks for putting me in this direction.

I've had it for quite a while and only been out with it twice, CAN NOT FEEL IT ON MY BACK, and it holds a bunch  8)

If you are looking for a shoulder bag, give this one a look.

Can you get a rain jacket in this pack?
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Glenn Hawkins

• FishHead
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2014, 08:21:39 PM »
Yes .  Small light weight rain jacket is no problem.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 08:38:01 PM »
Yes .  Small light weight rain jacket is no problem.

Thanks Glenn. Contemplating this or the 20L dry sling.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 09:46:35 PM »
I got the Orvis sling pack, enough room for the compact 40, flask & a rain jacket ;D

jarrod white

• Jdub
  • Global Moderator
  • "I live because I fish, I work because I have to."
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2014, 09:51:59 PM »
I got the Orvis sling pack, enough room for the compact 40, flask & a rain jacket ;D
I say drop the rain jacket and bring 2 flasks

:)

JW
I just don't care!

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Sling Packs
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2014, 10:11:20 PM »
You are my hero planner Jarrod!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2014, 06:22:38 AM »

JW

It's actually big enough to put the whole bottle in, might be hard to remember where i was ;)

jarrod white

• Jdub
  • Global Moderator
  • "I live because I fish, I work because I have to."
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2014, 06:59:30 AM »

JW

It's actually big enough to put the whole bottle in, might be hard to remember where i was ;)
Yea , but if your gonna get lost so to speak , there is no sense in being lost ,lonely and thirsty :)
I just don't care!

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2014, 07:16:27 AM »
LOL, those days are behind me, i think ???