Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Redington Fiberglass  (Read 1724 times)

dbradyh

• FishHead
  • bhaston

gaspergou

• Global Moderator
Re: Redington Fiberglass
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 03:28:22 PM »
Supposedly Orvis has one in the works, too. It's certainly intriguing... and I'm digging the resurgence of cork and rings even more then new glass. 

jgray

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 03:51:23 PM »
Cool!

The original owners of Redington never stopped making fiberglass! - http://www.southforkrodcompany.com/

Other than independent builders, it doesn't seem like anyone's got the balls to make a glass 7wt though. 

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 04:45:56 PM »
I'll own one, or two.  ;D
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

dbradyh

• FishHead
  • bhaston
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 09:26:29 PM »
Cool!

The original owners of Redington never stopped making fiberglass! - http://www.southforkrodcompany.com/

Other than independent builders, it doesn't seem like anyone's got the balls to make a glass 7wt though.

Have you ever checked out any of those old Fenwick's or Scientific Anglers?

jgray

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 03:07:22 PM »
I have.  I would like to find an SA System 7.  The Fenwick 806 and 807 have gotten popular enough that they aren't really good deals anymore.

I have fished Steffens and McFarlands in bass- and salt-weights and they are fantastic. 

dbradyh

• FishHead
  • bhaston
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 12:49:08 PM »
Reviews are coming in and the 8' 3 piece 5wt is the best of the series followed by the 7'6" 4wt(but it needs to be lined with a 5wt to load properly).
The rest of the series in shorter lenghts and line weights seem to suck.
Everyone believes these will be on sale at bargin prices in a year or so..... keep your eye on STP.