Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: headed down to FL this Sat.  (Read 4506 times)

Looper Flies

headed down to FL this Sat.
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 02:07:57 PM »
Thumbs up!
Fish on!

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
Re: headed down to FL this Sat.
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 03:35:06 PM »
Great TR!! I really need a salt fix!!!
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

jkilday4

• FishHead
  • One cast ... just one more ... 'n'then another ...
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 07:12:58 AM »
Nice report and thanks for the information -  :)

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 08:04:05 AM »
I enjoyed the reportage.  I especially liked the canal tarpon....I've chased those rascals knee deep in mangrove mud, mosquito-covered and loving every minute of it.
Just wait til you latch into a monster snook...those fish are amazing.
Were you on the gulf side?

jgray

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 05:24:43 PM »
Yep, Naples, Marco, and Ten Thousand Islands. A pretty cool roadtrip would be to start in Tampa sometime late June and work beaches south towards the Everglades, pop the boat in and fish the backcountry.  If I lived in Southwest Florida there's no way I would be able to hold a job.

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 06:46:59 PM »
I would skip Tampa and start in Fort Desota.  Great place, but gets hammered being next to the most populated county in FL.  When we found those Reds, it wasnt 5 minutes before 3 NYorkers showed up and jumped out of the boat onto the sand bar.  Marco is a great place, Estro Bay fishes well at times, and naples out of Gordons pass for snook fishing is the best hands down in my opinion (lights and beach fishing).  The average male snook is larger then most places on the west coast and the females are not afraid to eat.  Great estuary to say the least.

Great report,
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"