Holy Crap...Look at all these other forum sections! ~ "Gordie" > Tobacco and Libations

mushrooms

(1/4) > >>

Bfish:
Was gifted some "fresh" mushrooms, 8 oz of each: oyster, shitake, portabella, and button.

Any suggestions on what to make with them?  I was thinking a French onion soup, loaded with sautéed mushrooms.

gaspergou:
That's a great use of the portobello and buttons, but the oysters and shitakes will probably just get buried in there, particularly if your broth is rich enough! I'd suggest something with them separately -- cream sauce with pasta or over fish, fold them into an omelet, or whatever... 

Steve H:

--- Quote from: gaspergou on January 16, 2014, 08:19:54 AM ---That's a great use of the portobello and buttons, but the oysters and shitakes will probably just get buried in there, particularly if your broth is rich enough! I'd suggest something with them separately -- cream sauce with pasta or over fish, fold them into an omelet, or whatever...

--- End quote ---

Excellent suggestions. Possibly pan sauteed and served with a herb crusted rack of lamb.

Bfish:
ok, you guys convinced me, I need to go to the grocery store before cooking them.  Besides I don't have enough onions to make french onion soup.

DSchlact:
the only "fresh" mushrooms I've ever seen smelled like cow shit and tasted worse...you definitley wouldn't put them in an omlette   :P

kidding...really I am...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version