Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: night fishing  (Read 1386 times)

icthus

• FishHead
night fishing
« on: November 13, 2014, 08:26:47 PM »
Went out last night and I am starting to get a pulse on how the tides have an effect on the fish.  I vowed to spend as much time trying to see the reaction of fish towards sizes of baits, pressure from a SUP, and different types of lights as I did fishing.  When I learn how to post pics, you will soon see the difference of lights, and the productivity of lights throughout the coarse of the season.  In the summer when glass minnows and small baitfish are around the underwater green lights produce numbers and average size.  As it tends to cool, I am starting to see more activity on the basic bulb sitting on top of the water, broad white lights have not done much for me lately in the fall. 

Anyways---Stuck two reds; one was 18" the other a rat.  Got another snook, but still short 24".  I pull into a light that has produced many fish in the past.  Immediately I spot a 26-28" snook cruising around, not chasing just cruising.  The water was moving, but for 10 minutes I couldn't get the fish to eat.  Every couple of minutes I would see a big swirl on a light a couple of 100 feet away.  I decided I couldn't get him to eat so I pushed down, and closer to the sea wall to get a better cast at the light light.  As I get to the point of no return I look down only to notice 7-10 over 30"s stacked up in the shadows.  I guess the moral of the story, the visible one will never have dinner with you.

-Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: night fishing
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 07:34:38 AM »
we know you have a camera :o

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 09:35:56 AM »
Pictures or it didn't happen.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 09:30:38 PM »
Pal- pm and tell me how to post them.  Sh%$ fire, you are a VP of IT for a inelastice company.  PM and help me out.  Sorry I missed your last two calls.  Talk to my boss about meetings in the afternoon.

-Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 09:04:56 AM »
Pal- pm and tell me how to post them.  Sh%$ fire, you are a VP of IT for a Electric company.  PM and help me out.  Sorry I missed your last two calls.  Talk to my boss about meetings in the afternoon.

-Pal

All good on the calls, I know how you boss likes those afternoon meetings.

I'll PM you later this morning.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum