Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Shawnee/Supreme Boats  (Read 4420 times)

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
Shawnee/Supreme Boats
« on: December 08, 2016, 08:29:16 PM »
Owning a jet boat has to be one angling's greatest pleasures  :o

People either love them or hate them.

This boat opened up so much water to me, never thought I would sell it.

Rob (owns Shawnee/Supreme) kept on me about the 207XP, we made a deal and traded

I wanted a roller trailer but Rob talked me out of it, he doesn't see the need for them, but Rob lives in Arkansas, it may be a poor state but if it's a ditch with a semi constant water source, it will have a ramp that makes the ones on the Caney look bad.

I always go visit Rob and the crew, great bunch of guys. Told him during Oct. Conclave, love the rig but wish I had got the roller option trailer, he told me what EZ Loader (next door) would charge me to convert, but he said go look at the blue boat in shop. (he's tried multiple times to put me in a 16') I went and looked we talked maybe 10 minutes, he had a meeting in town, I chewed on it and went out on the last day again, we made a deal. Left the boat (offered for me to bring 207XP home and bring it back when mine was finished) came home and penciled down what I wanted, pretty same as I had, added two glassed cup holders. I kept going back and forth about oars, decided against them, I have 24V trolling on front.

This is the boat just getting started in the mold.
I fish probably 90%+ by myself, reason I wanted roller trailer, as he said unhook it and it rolls off in the parking lot, so I can launch in boat unfriendly Tennessee

Has a custom 48" rear deck

Will have a new Yamaha 40/30 Jet hanging off the rear when I pick her up

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: Shawnee/Supreme Boats
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 05:54:48 AM »
Good looking boat David, glad you traded, Glenn would have been tempted to buy it ;)

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 08:38:45 AM »
Nice. They are cranking out some amazing boats after all these years.  I'm not sure I'd ever trade to a smaller boat now. I love the room.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 09:10:40 AM »
Wow, amazing looking rig! Can't wait to see the pics after you have her all rigged up.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 10:49:00 AM »
The Teflon slides work well for sliding the boat off the bunks. You do have to spray some kind of lube on them occasionally to keep them slick though. Even with the Linex on the bottom of my boat it'll slide right off with some pressure, if I keep them oiled you can push it off with very little pressure. I've had the boat slide off more than once when launching or loading because I or someone else took the winch off too soon. It's not ever been a big deal though because the weight of the front keeps it from slamming down too hard, the jet foot is above the bottom, so I can just slide it into the water.  I don't think I would ever feel safe with the rollers though. I've had winch ropes break in transit. Better make sure you keep that safety chain secured!!  :o
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 09:10:14 PM »
Great looking sled.

-Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 01:14:34 PM »
David can you call me or text me your cell? Mine is 615 617-9032