Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Saturday River Run  (Read 4082 times)

DSchlact

Saturday River Run
« on: May 30, 2017, 05:49:42 PM »
Got out for a few hours on Saturday.  Didn't make a single cast,  in fact I didn't take any fishing gear at all, just a few cold drinks and some gas to burn.  Been a long time since I just went out for a river cruise and I'm glad I did.  Almost forgot how much fun that little Classis is out on the water!  I ran from Mona down to Fate Sanders and back.  Burned a little over 1/2 tank in the 25 mile round trip and had a hell of a time!  I guess everyone thought there was going to be weather because NOBODY was on the water.  Made it even more fun I since I could run wide open most of the way up and down the river.  Good times!

Hope you all are doing well!
Dave

jladdsmith

Re: Saturday River Run
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 07:54:55 PM »
Hell yeah!  Good times had by one!  As much as you sacrifice for all of the family stuff.  Get out there with a snoopy rod if you want to.  Stop to pee and dig up a worm.  Pile a bunch of rocks up somewhere and see if they're still there next time you pass by.  Jump off of a rock naked cause nobody will know.  Check that stray jug to see if there's something on there.  Find a little eddy on the backside of something and collect old Bass Fishermen's plugs.  Hang them on a pair of mismatched flip flops you found in the same spot.  Get a light sunburn.  Get a little poison ivy in the process.  Hell yeah!

My kind of day.

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 09:31:18 PM »
Nice looking rig Dave. Watch that Smith guy, he'll get you put in jail, LOL.

Grumpy

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 07:33:05 AM »
And it's that time of year when the Hybrids are in that section if you know where to look....  (the forks)
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 10:36:39 PM »
Hell yeah!  Good times had by one!  As much as you sacrifice for all of the family stuff.  Get out there with a snoopy rod if you want to.  Stop to pee and dig up a worm.  Pile a bunch of rocks up somewhere and see if they're still there next time you pass by.  Jump off of a rock naked cause nobody will know.  Check that stray jug to see if there's something on there.  Find a little eddy on the backside of something and collect old Bass Fishermen's plugs.  Hang them on a pair of mismatched flip flops you found in the same spot.  Get a light sunburn.  Get a little poison ivy in the process.  Hell yeah!

My kind of day.

Damn... Where ya been BUDDY!!?!?!?!? I'VE MISSED THAT SENSE OF HUMOR!!!!
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 10:37:25 PM »
And it's that time of year when the Hybrids are in that section if you know where to look....  (the forks)

ON MY WAY!!!!
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 10:22:15 AM »
Sounds like a good day on the water.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

jladdsmith

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 02:09:25 AM »
Lol.  Since Grumpy's not been driving into town he hasn't seen my billboards.

I can't remember now but it's got something to do with the sink in the clink and nothing, and I mean nothing rhymes with  "hooscow". 

But Ronnie and Jonny...nah I'm saving my love for my Jew friend.