Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Hiking season.  (Read 2710 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Hiking season.
« on: October 16, 2017, 08:47:03 AM »
It's that time again and I'll be looking at doing some fun hikes in the Plateau soon. We hiked Burgess Falls (if you want to call that a hike) on Sunday. Beth hasn't seen it so I wanted to go there first. I am wondering if anyone here knows about the top of Fanchers falls. I was down at the bottom (hiked up from the lake) and noticed what looked like a nice overlook. Since there was a house there I assume it's privately owned but do they allow visitors?

Going to head to Window Cliffs next weekend I think. It's a new hike I haven't done yet that looks pretty cool. Need to get it done before it gets cold as there's a few wet crossings. Anyone interested in meeting up on some weekend hikes holler at me on here.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: Hiking season.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 08:48:48 AM »
Crappy HDR I did on the fly below Fanchers.

DJ2A2033.jpg by MIKE ANDERSON, on Flickr
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 10:32:16 AM »
Nice shot Mike.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 11:11:03 AM »
Virgin Falls and Stone Door are two of my favorites for fall color on the plateau, with nice panoramic views.  I enjoy waterfalls so wet wading Spring Creek from Waterloo down is about the prettiest stretch anywhere. Bonus is the Coosa bass are easy to catch there (year around).  Hardscrabble Falls/Dodson Branch/Step Rock area (private property) at the back of the hollow is fantastic in the spring with numerous trickles of water falling off the plateau into the mini canyons, bonus is it is overloaded with wild flowers of all kinds. The land is mostly owned by Hidden Springs nursery, but I never had any trouble accessing (drive over the low water bridge).

dbradyh

• FishHead
  • bhaston
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 11:35:33 AM »
Keep us posted on the hiking.... The Merritt RidgeTrail at  Edgar Evans is fun once the leaves change and Ravens Point should be up and running by now.

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 12:36:46 PM »
Virgin Falls and Stone Door are two of my favorites for fall color on the plateau, with nice panoramic views.  I enjoy waterfalls so wet wading Spring Creek from Waterloo down is about the prettiest stretch anywhere. Bonus is the Coosa bass are easy to catch there (year around).  Hardscrabble Falls/Dodson Branch/Step Rock area (private property) at the back of the hollow is fantastic in the spring with numerous trickles of water falling off the plateau into the mini canyons, bonus is it is overloaded with wild flowers of all kinds. The land is mostly owned by Hidden Springs nursery, but I never had any trouble accessing (drive over the low water bridge).

Great info! Thanks