Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Santa  (Read 2942 times)

Macdaddy1

Santa
« on: December 30, 2017, 09:49:53 AM »
Santa came through with a Peak Rotary vise.  Sweet!!

Thanks for your recommendations!  ;D

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: Santa
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 11:35:37 AM »
Well how do you like it so far?
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 05:01:06 PM »
they are solid hook holders, I have one of the LIRS models, love it for big irons

Southwest Airlines are on my naughty 2017 list, after flying with my pistol for years, told ticket agent I wanted to check my pistol, he ask to see it, took him 15 minutes but he managed to tear up my locked case that I've flown with for years, wife got me a new one the little shit won't pry open, found my new Southwest this year, LOVE Alaska Airline

Happy New Year

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 08:58:53 AM »
they are solid hook holders, I have one of the LIRS models, love it for big irons

Southwest Airlines are on my naughty 2017 list, after flying with my pistol for years, told ticket agent I wanted to check my pistol, he ask to see it, took him 15 minutes but he managed to tear up my locked case that I've flown with for years, wife got me a new one the little shit won't pry open, found my new Southwest this year, LOVE Alaska Airline

Happy New Year

TSA should really be the only people to ask to look at it, if ever. Southwest has been good to me this year, but maybe because I have flown for free due to having a companion pass this past year and also this year.  ;D
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Macdaddy1

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 10:56:01 AM »
I like the vise.  I will need midge jaws or another vise with midge jaws but i can get by OK for now.  I mainly wanted it for drys like Puff Daddies.  It is so neat to roll a fly around to hackle, inspect, trim, etc. without having it finished and out on the table etc.

So I thank you for your advise and I really enjoy your forum.  I hope to see some of you soon and to hook up with a guide and fish the Caney Fork or Cumberland before the season is over.

Our SW VA rivers and streams are frozen, but maybe a tail-water trip before too long and we can always hope for a thaw ;)

Looper Flies

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 10:13:24 AM »
I like the vise.  I will need midge jaws or another vise with midge jaws but i can get by OK for now.  I mainly wanted it for drys like Puff Daddies.  It is so neat to roll a fly around to hackle, inspect, trim, etc. without having it finished and out on the table etc.

So I thank you for your advise and I really enjoy your forum.  I hope to see some of you soon and to hook up with a guide and fish the Caney Fork or Cumberland before the season is over.

Our SW VA rivers and streams are frozen, but maybe a tail-water trip before too long and we can always hope for a thaw ;)

Mac -

If you need another Peak or any parts, let me know - I'm a Peak Vise dealer.  I've got the midge jaws, standard jaws, saltwater jaws, and two sizes of the LIRS vises available to try out any time.  You've made a great choice in vises - American made and won't break the bank.  I tie thousands of flies per year on my Peaks.  They are fantastic products.

Cheers-
Sam Looper
Looper Flies
Fish on!

Macdaddy1

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 02:01:39 PM »
Thanks for the information!