Holy Crap...Look at all these other forum sections! ~ "Gordie" > Fishing Product Review

Darn Tough Merino Wool Socks- good for foot breathers.

(1/3) > >>

jladdsmith:
It's good to see all of the fresh discussion on here.

Not directly a fishing product, per-se, but didn't know where to stick it.  These socks are awesome!

My feet and hands have always been kinda breathy.  In the 90's I remember wearing those Nike sandals and could literally work up a lather just walking between classes.  Leather watch band- forget it.  Conference room table- I have to keep my hands sideways on a pad or something or I'll fog up a square foot.  Performance outdoor jackets just make my wrists freeze.  Even with a silk liner sock, when deer hunting I have to take my boots off and change socks or I'll be lathering them up walking out all oily-toed. 

I've tried all kinds of expensive socks and none of them work for me.  I kept seeing ads for Darn Tough and decided to give them a try.  At over $20/pair they are not cheap, but man, these things have been life changing for a foot breather like me.  I wear Merrell Ventilators for knocking around shoes and they finally breathe.  I've since ordered 4 more pair and kinda forgot what it was like to wear regular socks again.  They're all in the wash and now I'm sitting here with cold feet wearing some kind of gold toe spandex/cotton socks and it would only make it worse to wear a heavier weight synthetic over top of them. 

Darn Tough's are made in Vermont and come with a lifetime warranty FOR A PAIR OF SOCKS and while I don't see myself shipping old socks off in the mail, it's good to know that I could.  Model 1466 Crew Cushion Hikers.  Good stuff. 

grumpy:
They are good socks, fit a little tight for my liking in the calve area. I wear them & Smartwool, which isn't as tight around the calves. PRICEY, yes, the years I get out of a pair are worth it though.

icthus:
Great read...
I prefer the flip flop over wearing wool these days. You boys can keep that cold weather. 53 for the high today.  Brrrrr

Make ttfn great again,
Pal

MikeA:
Sweet I'll try them. I've been buying SmartWool. I’ve rediscovered wool the last few years also. I love some thick wool socks with my Muck Boots. I search ebay for wool shirts too. I don’t like paying the steep retail price for them. They are amazing for staying warm when paired with some of the new thinner technology outerwear.

MikeA:

--- Quote from: icthus on January 31, 2019, 08:25:21 AM ---Great read...
I prefer the flip flop over wearing wool these days. You boys can keep that cold weather. 53 for the high today.  Brrrrr

Make ttfn great again,
Pal

--- End quote ---
Shouldn't you be catching some crabs or something?  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version