Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Moving the site  (Read 599 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Moving the site
« on: December 10, 2020, 11:33:27 AM »
Godaddy has hosted us for 15 years. And as far as I can tell I’m on the same server. That server is no longer compatible with our Forum which is in need of updates. That server and this site have been infected with malware (you’re safe). In speaking to them, they are telling me I have to pay them to move to a new server that isn’t old and antiquated, or wait a year and they’ll do it free. After 15 years of being a customer I’ve decided that Godaddy can suck it. I’m not going let them charge me a ransom to not have malware. That’s part of their end of the bargain. In the coming weeks this site will be moving. So it’s not going down (I HOPE). When it’s back, I’d like to revive the place again. I have time now. I’ve also acquired FishingTN.Com, TK Walkers site. I ‘ll be moving it over soon as well. I don’t foresee any changes to either site. I’m just going to Keep TK’s site up and alive because he’s asked me to. If you have any questions holler at me.
615 617-9032. Hope we can get this thing back on track. I miss the gang!
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: Moving the site
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 01:36:43 PM »
Mike

Like the others i don't post a lot anymore or share fishing reports like we used to do. This Covid thing has had a dramatic effect upon many fisheries amongst other things.
I'd like to Thank You for keeping the site & have always enjoyed it.

Grumpy

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 05:19:14 PM »
As long as it is not bookface, I'll be there.

Glenn Hawkins

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 06:23:22 PM »
Mike,
Just today while at lunch w/ Grumpy we reminisced about this site and all the goodtimes and memories associated with it. Your work and willingness to keep it going is much appreciated. Here's to more fishing & reports in the New Year!  2020 can suck it! 

Dub

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 11:11:42 PM »
Dam.... now I miss you guys.

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 09:02:56 AM »
Good news is my new hosting plan will be much more affordable too. It's here for another three years at least!
Now if we can get Jarrod to quit playing pew pew, long enough to fish again.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 03:08:58 PM »
Alll is good news.   I have been suspended more then 6x's.... 5 out of 6 my account was hacked, fake news.  I love this board, and have made life long friends from it.  Thanks Mike for keeping this thing going.

Cheers,
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

oldmanelrod

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 04:55:04 PM »
Mike,
I may not be a fly fishing person but I have sure enjoyed your site and learned a lot. Hope to see the new site soon.
Gary aka oldmanelrod