Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Crypto- (Bitcoin, Ethereum or even Doge)  (Read 2518 times)

Skunkedagain

• Lodgers
Re: Crypto- (Bitcoin, Ethereum or even Doge)
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2021, 07:16:11 PM »
My buddy dated a twobit whore in college. I wonder if her stock ever went up?........
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

jladdsmith

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2021, 12:29:09 AM »
Two-bit whores are more predictable- you know exactly what you bought into.  The other ones, well, Elon, can you do anything about that shit?  Many thanks. 

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2021, 10:45:41 AM »
Not to be an ass here but...: What you need to understand is that Doge is a shitcoin. It's has an unlimited supply. It's only getting in the way of the real crypto. Sure, drop some change in there and see what happens. But it's not the one that's going to change the world. Seriously. You can find all sorts of Johnny come lately people on YT who seem to know what's going on. Listen to the ones who've been saying it since inception (orange pill podcast Max Keiser) The only purpose of crypto is to topple centralized banking. It's really that simple. It's not going to be easy but I believe it's a worthy risk. You're the bank. It's your money. It can't be controlled/seized by anyone but you. Having just been sued for an auto accident my wife had. I can truly appreciate that it's a 100000% safer way to horde any kind of wealth.... Just try to get my bitcoin you filthy C sucking lawyer  :P.  It can be used anywhere in the world with just a cell phone. It's going to be the king of crypto or it's going to utterly fail and take them all with it. You in?!?!?

Doge is useless because it's massively inflationary. 10,000 new coins are made every minute for eternity, meaning each coin is worth less and less as time goes on - it simply cannot hold value. It was specifically designed to be so cheap that you can give them away without really caring. It is not an investment. It's about as useful as a reddit upvote.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

jladdsmith

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2021, 03:31:38 PM »
I don't disagree with you- that's basically the way I understand it as well.  It could literally be called shitcoin and I'd still be happy I bought it and only wish I'd have bought it a month sooner, or even six days earlier when I tried to buy at 1.5 cents (I think) and Robinhood screwed me by delaying approval.  At one point I did own a little BTC and a good chunk of ETH and ETC for diversification and should have just left it alone, but I'm still at 4.5x initial investment.  What pisses me off is that I was ready, finger on the trigger for 4 major moves and could be sitting at probably 25x had robinhood executed the orders. 

I really want to understand how to read charts on Tradingview or whatever and play with what I've got using basically anything other than robinhood.  I use a laptop, not their phone app, and even that has screwed me by my palm or finger hovering over the trackpad and executing an order on a major swing, then panicking and having to buy back in to mitigate losses.  A guy was in on the discord the other day talking about how he was using the app on his phone and a call from a buddy alerting him to a massive swing came through, he tried to swipe up or whatever to answer the call and the app took that as an order ultimately screwing the guy out of a major position. 

So: 

#1 set this other laptop up specifically for trading and use a freakin mouse!
#2 cash out and transfer back from RH to the bank
#3 put it all back into Gemini or Fidelity
#4 find someone to basically tutor me for a couple of hours on reading these damn candles and wicks and RSI's

Ideally I'd like to grow this Doge and then Q1 2022 flip it over into about 30% BTC and 30% ETH (and not touch those), and play with the remaining 40% in Doge to add to the BTC and ETH. 

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2021, 08:44:30 PM »
Hell, I just want some stock in pressure treating/chipboard/plywood mills.  5x retail prices have to trickle down, right?

jladdsmith

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2021, 12:45:47 AM »
I'm about to blow a moafing gasket.  In another major downturn RH is screwing me again.  I won today, not big, but a little, and now am staring at a good amount in my "dry powder" trying to buy another dip.  I started off with about half of my bag in on a major move and it wouldn't process.  I went all the way down to ten bucks to see if anything would go through and it's saying something about me not being a gold member.  This is a first.  And the last.  Screw you, Robinhood.  I just tried a dollar.  Nope. 

This has to be illegal. 

Skunkedagain

• Lodgers
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2021, 02:59:54 PM »
I saw a Gheenoe on the Caney and the guy was dressed like Robinhood using dry powder on his indicator to get a better drift. The game warden showed up, he hauled ass because he was fishing without a license and I KNOW that is illegal.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2021, 07:46:46 AM »
LOL. Caney is full of Robinhoods. They’re saving the Caney Fork, one youtube video at a time. Taking fish from the poor and trading for youtube pennies. You gotta admire these cucks.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

jladdsmith

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2021, 05:11:40 PM »
I took my initial investment out of Doge (holding the rest) and dumped that into AMC this morning.  It's either gonna be huge or not.  No idea what I'm doing.  Also, have I mentioned I hate Robinhood?  They screwed me out of about 8 minutes this morning at the opening bell while AMC was shooting up- cost me about another used Gheenoe.   

Since the earlier posts, I've opened Gemini as well as WeBull accounts, but don't really have the cash to fund those and am scared to even mess with RH trying to get what I've got out of there and transferred as I would have lost the window on AMC...

Really still need to find someone who knows what they are doing with all of this to just tell me what to do.  Some dude I was in on a Discord with last week put $5500 into some weird crypto I'd never heard of and made a couple hundred grand in just a few minutes.  He could have made a HECK OF A LOT more if he had just stayed in a few minutes longer.  He jumped in on the Discord and people were like well do you see what it's doing now?  How about now?  I think it stopped at $639k/coin.  Dude was sick over it but at the same time...man that's got to be crazy to make that much money in such a short amount of time. 

If you're at all interested in this, and I know Mike has a differing opinion, the best groups I've found are Rick's Discord and YT livestream- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaKCziU1_cY

and TametheArk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO-osn3iUMw

These groups kinda overlap somewhat- they cover Doge, BTC, GME, AMC and a little bit of Matic for the most part.  Rick is awesome (the Australian), IO is awesome, Piskit is fantastic if you can take his accent and his homo humor.  Dru (the smooth sounding brother) is a great moderator and that guy is freakin rolling in it. 

FWIW-I talked with Tame privately on my plan and he said it would be risky but I went ahead and did it anyway.  Thus far it's worked out, but it's only been a single market day. 

Last thing is one of the founders of Ethereum is talking about making some kind of partnership with Doge.  Didn't expect that.