Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: 1-1-2015  (Read 2763 times)

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
1-1-2015
« on: January 02, 2015, 06:46:00 AM »
I've always liked to start the New Year fishing, thanks to Glenn wanting to do the same, we hit it again. The skippies were very cooperative & i soon became bore & started thinking about fish tacos

Lesson learned, leave the 3 wt at home & bring something that likes to cast 40 in the wind with a bobber & nymph, managed to bring the start of a meal home, i know why one gentleman we talked to said he wanted 50 of them.
Glenn wasn't to interested & kept on pestering the skippies, catching a few good ones & a few funny looking fish to

Despite the crowds, everyone was cordial & picked their own water, we had a good conversation with one fella that was enjoying the day as much as we were.
Glen brought a bottle of single malt & we decided to rest the arms a bit, have a shot or three & reflect a little. We caught fish, had some laughs, ragged each other's catch, good conversation with other's even though we were the only ones with the funny rods.
I hope to repeat the day many times over this year with Glenn & other friends, oh yeh, if we catch a fish, it;s a bonus ;)

Grumpy

gaspergou

• Global Moderator
Re: 1-1-2015
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 07:25:59 AM »
Heck of a way to start the year off! Those tacos are gonna be goooood...

Glenn Hawkins

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 08:16:50 AM »
Good times Grumpy!  Thanks for sharing the boat with me.  Here's to more of the same in 2015. ;)

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 08:55:42 AM »
Sounds like a good day out on the water. Looks like good eating for sure.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 12:51:55 PM »
Spent the day chasing reds. Caught a sunburn and some lip but all in all a great day. Happy new Year Players and Pals a like.

-Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"