Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Well...change in plans  (Read 997 times)

paddyrunelite

Well...change in plans
« on: January 22, 2012, 10:04:23 AM »
My sister in law went into labor in Blacksburg late Thursday night. My wife and my other sister in law drove up with my 15 month old son, leaving around Midnight. I stayed here with my 5 year old daughter so my plans for fishing all day on my birthday as well as exploring the Little Buffalo Saturday got adjusted for me. Oh well, just glad they made it up there safely and that my nephew was born healthy.

I did get out Friday for about an hour and half. With such a short amount of time, I chose to not explore and just fished at the low head dam stocking location on the Harpeth. Ended up catching two 13"-14" 'bows on a size 8 olive and black woolly bugger, fished deep. I released them.

Water had dropped a bit from last Sunday's outing, and the air temps were up substantially. Apparently it rained heavily Friday night because the river was up and muddy. I guess I slept through quite a storm.

Wasn't the weekend I had planned, but the little bit of fishing I did get to do was enjoyable for what it was.

Hope ya'll got out and enjoyed it...

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Well...change in plans
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 10:10:54 AM »
Sorry for the change in plans but sounds like you made the best of it.

Yes, a nice storm rolled through about 1:30 AM Saturday, hence the stained water.

Hope all is well with the new baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

toddro

• FishHead
Re: Well...change in plans
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 12:01:43 PM »
Yeah, we got a lot of rain here too.  Local gage shot from 5ft to 15ft.  Too bad, cuz the creeks and rivers were going to fall into the perfect zone by the weekend.  Really muddy water even today, I tried to get this morning but ended up just driving and exploring a few access points on a creek I want to fish for smallmouth this spring.  Still fun to get out with a fly rod in the car, even if I never used it - I looked at a lot of water and marked a lot of spots on the map to re-visit very, very soon!   8)
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead