Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Rio Pike/Musky lines  (Read 3526 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
Rio Pike/Musky lines
« on: February 20, 2014, 08:57:23 PM »
I was in dire need of some intermediate lines for this year so I decided try something new. I usually use Rio's outbound shorts but I wanted to try out a couple of the Rio Pike Musky lines and see if I liked them. I got a 9wt 350 Grain, and a 10wt 400grain. These lines are very slick with what I'm pretty sure is a floating running line and neat braided core, 29' head. I really like the braided core and I hope it helps the line last longer. I tend to destroy intermediate lines for some reason. I haven't put one of these lines in the water yet but I did do some yard casting with the 10wt on an Xi3 9wt  ;D. Yea I like to overload my rods a little. It's very smooth and canon like right out of the box. No memory issues whatsoever. Loads well and shoots very well. Initial impression is that this will be my new favorite intermediate line for a spell. I'm impressed and will update this after I put it through some abuse.
Nice Job Rio!

There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

TheYiman

Re: Rio Pike/Musky lines
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 04:36:07 AM »
I just put the 10 weight on my 10.  I love it!

I have fished it three days and it is awesome.  One haul and you're across the river.

I love the camo look of the head.  Yep, good job Rio.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Rio Pike/Musky lines
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 06:52:13 AM »
Rio makes good lines. Can't wait to hear a water report Mike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum