Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Any Action  (Read 2561 times)

MN Fishing Bum

Any Action
« on: October 11, 2011, 01:48:25 PM »
Wanting to take out the new boat for a test run this weekend.   Anyone getting any action on Percy Priest?   I would like to hit Seven Points or Vivrett as I am still working on some motor problems.   Had great luck in Old Hickory Cove last year but i wanted to stay closer to a boat ramp in case I end of paddling.

Brent

MN Fishing Bum

Re: Any Action
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 02:13:09 PM »
Anyone heard anything?   I am putting in at 7 points tomorrow and using fly gear.   Any advice would be appreciated

TimM

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 03:01:29 PM »

The only reports I have heard from JPP have been pretty bleak but that's not fresh info. On the other hand I did hear this week that some folks from TN Tech have been conducting some sort of study on JPP this year and are hypothesizing that there may have been a significant striper/hybrid kill there after the 5/10 flood.  Just hearsay on my part at this point but given what the huge influx of organic matter could have done to the DO levels I don't find it hard to believe. 

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 07:22:15 PM »
Good luck at 7 points, but I would try the rivers.

"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

MN Fishing Bum

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 01:56:38 PM »
Bad morning.
Car battery died at the boat ramp.  We had to manually put in the boat.  Thank god my boat is light. 
Then my outboard would not start. So we used my trolling motor.   
So we could not get to the waters I wanted.... 

Changed up lures and got some sunnies and a couple large mouth. 

Next time.  I need to get this outboard working better.....

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 09:33:12 PM »
Yuck!

"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 09:42:16 PM »
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

MN Fishing Bum

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 09:58:44 AM »
Ha.  Yes there was some swearing...   

Got a boat really cheap with a 25 hp 1970 evinrude motor.  It works but I find it unreliable.  Can you get old motor reliable enough to fish with?   I have gt some new parts and repaired some but not sure if I should give up and save....