Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Towee or Gheenoe?  (Read 32418 times)

Shudy

Towee or Gheenoe?
« on: March 22, 2012, 08:07:27 PM »

Hello,

I would like an opinion about the boats.  I currently own a very nice LT 25 Gheenoe but have seen the Towee boats and am interested in possibly selling my Gheenoe and getting one.  I fish the Caney, Clinch, and big TN river.   Anyone owned either or both and can tell me what their opinion is on both?

THanks,

SHudy

DSchlact

Re: Towee or Gheenoe?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 10:11:57 AM »
Thanks for starting this thread...I've been curious to see a comparison now for a while too.  Hopefully someone will come along with some good info.  I know Towee advertises a Jet setup...something that I have heard "just won't work" on a Gheenoe.  I own a Classic and love it...but look forward to seeing some talk on this subject.

jarrod white

• Jdub
  • Global Moderator
  • "I live because I fish, I work because I have to."
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 10:46:24 AM »
I would suggest getting a demo and also fishing out of any boat before you buy !!!! never take somebodies word for anything, especially a salesperson.. I know towee is local and has local pro staffers who would be more than happy to take you for  demo run
I just don't care!

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
Re: Re: Towee or Gheenoe?
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »
Towee!!!!

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 11:55:23 AM »
Not to make it more confusing but the Hog Island skiff looks interesting too.

Shudy

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 03:28:38 PM »

Yoda,

Hey can you be more specific?  Have you fished out of both boats?  

Shudy

bd

• Global Moderator
Re: Re: Towee or Gheenoe?
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 07:40:06 PM »
I haven't tried the Towee but it would have to be awfully good to make me prefer it over my Gheenoe.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

cornlong

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 10:05:08 PM »
I have a River Hawk and I have debated the same thing as I am wanting to trade next year.  In my opinion the Towee is hands down the better boat.  I have talked to Todd (Owner of the company) several times and I am very impressed with their boats.  He will be more than happy to take you out in one.  He is a great guy and will fully stand behind his boats.  Now I will say that my use may be different than yours.  I would be fishing the Caney (while generating) the White and Norfork in Arkansas, and Dale Hollow Lake in the spring for smallmouth.  I would also add that I use spinning gear.  I am about 200lbs. and my fishing partner is around 300 lbs.  The Towee is super stable and would be able to handle our weight issues. 
I have rambled on but hopefully this will help. 

Roy

Glenn Hawkins

• FishHead
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 10:42:32 PM »
Like Jarrod said "Try one before you buy one".  I am really unsure about a jet o/b on a Towee.  I know first hand thay don't work well on Gheenoes or Riverhawks.

jbweld

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 07:31:52 AM »
Todd is a great guy. Its like any boat try before you buy. I'm starting to look at boat and the towee is up there.

Shudy

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 09:16:04 AM »

I have already contacted Todd about a demo.  I am not just going to buy one without trying it out.  I did that with my Gheenoe LT25 and am not disappointed in it but its not as big of a boat as I thought it was going to be.  I have used my Gheenoe with great success and am very pleased with it except it dont have as high of sides as a Towee.  I am going to be moving in about a year and will be moving much closer to Tellico Lake in about a year so I am going to need a higher side boat or buy another boat.  I guess Im looking for a more multi use boat than the Gheenoe.  If I sell my Gheenoe Im keeping the motor and using the motor for the Towee.  I am just wanting some opinions about Towee boats and for those that have used a Gheenoe and went to a Towee boat. 
   BD,
    I understand about a Towee would have to be better that a Gheenoe before buying one.  One thing about the Towee is the price is pretty decent vs the Gheenoe.

thanks,

Shudy

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 03:43:31 PM »
I'm sitting in my Jon under Cotter Aekansas bridge, dang it, every time I come over here leave wanting a Supreme or Shawnee

GHEENOE will not work with jet,  I paid lots stupid tax on that one.

Yoda is putting jet on Towee.

cornlong

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 08:08:45 PM »

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 08:19:15 PM »
I'm sitting in my Jon under Cotter Aekansas bridge, dang it, every time I come over here leave wanting a Supreme ir Shaw ;)nee

GHEENOE will nit work with jet,  I paid lots stupid tax on that one.

Yoda us putting jet on Towee.
Let me know if you decide to get one David. I'd love to sell it to you. I can tell you this, 6 years of extreme abuse from me and my clients and mine still looks amazing. I've worn the paint off the floor from using it so much but its still solid as a rock all over. There's a reason so many guides on the White chose the Supreme.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 11:37:51 PM »

Yoda,

Hey can you be more specific?  Have you fished out of both boats?  

Shudy

The towee has more room, it also has more ass end, which allows it to run with a jet. (which was my main reason!!!
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~