Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Tom Morgan ESPN article  (Read 2777 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: Tom Morgan ESPN article
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 02:02:07 PM »
Damn Brady, for the first time in my life I honestly would like to have one of those Bamboo rods. I'd have a hard time parting with $4000 for one though.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 08:09:16 AM »
$4k - OUCH!  :o
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 08:06:45 PM »
I had the opportunity to meet the former maker of Scott Bamboo this past year.  He was a 40ish year old fella that didnt have much to say the first evening.  The next morning I saw him cast and fish and I had never seen anything like it.  I have fished with good fisherman on this board, but shit fire this guy could cast, mend, and catch fish when none of us were.  During this time he didnt smile, didn't laugh, never showed any emotion at all.  As the day grew old Driftwood and I drove up and down the road looking for unraped water.  Every time we drove past this fell he sat there staring at the water.  Later that evening I offered him a pull of Bulliet and asked what he did, he smile and said I am a distribution manger.  I laughed and said, "yeah right", where do you guide.  Another fella walked up, and started laughing, "What did he tell you, he was distribution manager?"  This man right he created the A2 and many rods for Scott and Sage, including the SLT, and the line of Bamboo for Scott.  "Really, here is more whiskey? what happened"......Long story short he lost his bestfriend to cancer,  Scott, Winston, Orvis rod makers use the same tapers every five years, and Scott, Winston, and Able are all in a pissing match to keep their business is going.  Orvis is a f-ing marketing company and these companies care more about the bottom dollar then they do about creating a genuine rod. 

After this lengthy conversation he brought out one of rods that him and his buddy that passed developed and showed me how a $3,000.00 cast feels like.  He said they had over 400 orders before his friend left, and they were world wide. 

Thank "X" for you kindness and showing me the pure passion of rod building.   
I am sorry about your friend,
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"