Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Birds of TN.  (Read 15797 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: Birds of TN.
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 08:02:54 PM »
Yea I was pretty unsure how he was going to react to me and yes I was nervous. Cant get the shot if you're scared,, and that's why I don't have some really close up Black Bear shots!  :o

This huge Redtail Hawk stopped today by to check things out. There was too much brush and air between us to get a good capture. Still cool to watch him watching me.

For Yoda, Eastern Towhee.

American Robin

Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Glenn Hawkins

• FishHead
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 08:17:06 PM »
Really nice work Mike.  You could get these published in a field guide or magazine.

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 08:31:30 PM »
Thanks Glen!
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 09:34:14 PM »
Carolina Chickadee

Red Bellied Woodpecker

Pileated Woodpecker

Eastern Towhee. These birds have gotten to know me and it almost feels like the welcome me everyday when I show up.

Osprey
One of my most prized shots. I caught this one just as a Black Swallowtail buzzed the Osprey's head giving the Osprey a good scare.

Sneak Attack!

Grackle

One of my favorites, Carolina Wren.

Tufted Titmouse

TT who thought it was hidden from the 600mm...

House Finch

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 09:40:48 PM »
Most annoying and yet one of the most awesome of the bunch. These guys are smart like a crow. Bluejay.

Great Blue Heron.

Kingfisher

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 10:04:35 PM »
Bald Eagle.

Wild Turkey

Hummingbirds. Arguably the most awesome fliers in the sky. 

White Crane

Black-crowned Night-Heron

Yellow-Crowned Night Heron

Barred Owl

The most sought after bird I go after. Great Horned Owl. If you know where one lives CALL ME!

Mallard

Not sure about these Ducks??

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 10:19:35 PM »
Wood Duck. I'm going to work on a better woodie shot in the next few days.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 08:01:58 AM »
Some gorgeous shots Mike. I have an owl in the neighborhood, just trying to figure out where he lives, seen him in the same tree multiple times, a big fella, once I narrow it down, I will let you know.

Couldn't agree more on the Bluejays.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 10:34:29 AM »
If you see him more then once in daylight let me know. I have ways to get them to come to me.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2014, 12:17:29 PM »
I saw him twice last week in the same tree when I get home @ 5:10. I will look tonight.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

oldmanelrod

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2014, 12:32:12 PM »
I think that the ducks you were not sure about are blue wing teal. Thanks for the beautiful pictures. The pictures take me away from my gloomy mood this time of the year.

DSchlact

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2014, 04:48:01 PM »
Mike - you take some real nice pictures, thanks for sharing!  It's a real pleasant break from meetings and emails...

Dave

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2014, 07:43:53 PM »
I think your right they are BWT's.

Thanks for the compliments! It's one of the things that makes life better IMO. It's alot like fishing. Some of these guys are hard to get close to so it is challenging. I get to be in the outdoors being part of the natural world. At the end of the day if I did everything right I get a good picture of my trophy.

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2014, 10:02:52 PM »

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2014, 08:55:39 AM »
What is the blue/orange small bird above?  Just saw one this morning while I was out walking the river trail and wondered what it was...
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead