Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: White Bass Flies.  (Read 9090 times)

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: White Bass Flies.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 07:31:37 AM »
I am waiting for the white bass, but not very patiently.  I have an electric filet knife now and I just bought an industrial-scale fish fryer.  I am ready for spring!

be sure to invite the FL folks up ;D

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 08:15:00 PM »
Can you please harvest the eggs. I just opened a sushi restaurant and am serving caviar wrapped Tuna.

Thank you Pals,
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 08:20:58 AM »
The egg sacs are actually great rolled in meal and deep fried.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 09:52:09 AM »
That sounds very good Mike.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Rusty

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 11:14:49 AM »
A friend called and wanted to fish Nickajack for whites yesterday but I couldn't go.  Wish I did, he said they had a good day, the bite was slow at times but the size of the whites were good.  Even boated a 5lb3oz largemouth.  Let's see...he was on the river, it was beautiful outside and catching fish, while I was at my desk listening to complaints about companies wanting a higher line of credit.  Maybe next week.....

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 04:54:48 PM »
I'd love to go fish that place one day. Just have never taken the time to do it. Dub,, you there???
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2014, 10:54:19 AM »
I am waiting for the white bass, but not very patiently.  I have an electric filet knife now and I just bought an industrial-scale fish fryer.  I am ready for spring!

And those will come in handy during the carp tournament too!
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead

bd

• Global Moderator
Re: Re: White Bass Flies.
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 06:38:30 PM »
Industrial fish fryer?

Well, that might have been a tiny bit of an overstatement.  But it's a pretty big mofo that cooks multiple fry baskets at once.  I can go all McDonald's up in this joint!