Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Land Fish!  (Read 2697 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Land Fish!
« on: April 09, 2018, 09:28:57 AM »
I've covered miles and miles of these hills and hollers in search of morels and have only found one so far this year. Finally I acknowledged that it's just too cool up here and it's too early. I headed down to a little lower elevation with a couple friends who promised they had a spot. They weren't kidding. We hit a spot that gave up three loads like the one pictured. It was a good day!!!
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
Re: Land Fish!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 04:34:25 PM »
Nice Shrooms!
My brother and his buddy hit the mother load a few seasons back. Jay ate so many, he developed an allergy, and they have made him sick ever since.  Hopefully won’t be the case for you.  Enjoy the good dinners...glad the snakes are staying tucked away.

kaisersoze

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 05:08:30 PM »
It’s not an allergy. It’s called trippin’  :o
Who is John Galt?

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 07:46:25 AM »
Nice Shrooms!
My brother and his buddy hit the mother load a few seasons back. Jay ate so many, he developed an allergy, and they have made him sick ever since.  Hopefully won’t be the case for you.  Enjoy the good dinners...glad the snakes are staying tucked away.
I like them and all, but it's the thrill of the hunt I really enjoy. It's an excuse to walk through woods that aren't visited much anymore and see all the cool stuff you see there. I did walk up on the one black racer. As it's warming up I"m getting more nervous though. One of the guys on a national forum on morels told me I had a lot rattlers near my place lol. I'm wearing Muck boots. I think they offer pretty good protection.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 08:11:28 AM »
Tasty, tasty. Those should be really good.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum