Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Muskie in Woods  (Read 6707 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Muskie in Woods
« on: November 29, 2006, 12:23:58 PM »
Anybody ever fish for these guys on Woods? I know they're there and I'd like to check it out sometime.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: Muskie in Woods
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 02:38:58 PM »
I'm game ;D

Grumpy

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 03:40:40 PM »
You working Sat?
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 09:10:50 AM »
The water on Woods looks real "fishy"...the upper river feeding into Woods has lots of cover, and multiple depth changes.  The lake is quite shallow for a TVA lake---Be cautious when you are motoring.  If you walk into an old, dusty bait shop, there is often an old Mount of a huge musky on the wall.....hope you guys find a few of those gator-fish.

Travis

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 10:26:13 PM »
Woods is not a TVA lake, was built for the Air Force Base, main usage is cooling water for the test cells, but is pretty durn good warmwater fishing.

bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 05:33:29 PM »
Info from TWRA is that muskie were stocked there in the past, but they never were able to reproduce successfully or establish much of a population.  Since they were doing poorly, stocking was discontinued several years ago.

There are probably still a rare few individuals left from past stockings, but I doubt there are enough numbers of them there to make them worth going after.

bd

crappietime

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 03:47:14 PM »
My son seen the one in Morris Ferry dock and he just went crazy and wants one so bad he can taste it.Dont know what I or he would do if we ever hung one of them boys.