Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Finally!  (Read 1763 times)

Fred Mertz

• FishHead
Finally!
« on: July 07, 2013, 11:56:20 AM »
Well, the water receded just enough to give it a try yesterday on one of my favorite MI smallmouth rivers.  Visibility was about a foot and a half...just enough to give the fish a shot at spotting the flashy flies a buddy and I threw at them.  This is one of those floats where we always end up rowing out at the end of the day so we don't get our trucks locked in the park when it closes at dusk.  It pains me to row by some of the best water..ugh.  We've decided that the next time we're going to slip our toons in at the halfway mark.

While we didn't catch any monsters, we wore out the rest which ranged from 11 - 17 inches.

[/URL][/img]

Heading back to TN tonight.
Would love to hit some warm water next weekend if any of you are available.

dbradyh

• FishHead
  • bhaston
Re: Finally!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 08:55:35 PM »
Nice work! I will be in the Big South Fork next weekend..... I will send you some possible dates soon.

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 06:17:20 AM »
SO you didn't get run off the river with torrential rains and lightning this time? Clearly you aren't in TN. Good work Fred.
I might be headed east his weekend...
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 01:43:07 PM »
Solid work Fred! Glad to hear you were able to find some fish.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 06:48:04 PM »
Apparently you dont fish in Middle TN, nice toads.
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 10:50:45 PM »
Glad you got to float the 'toon around a bit Fred.  Looks like some fun in the summer weather.  If we could get a little receding water around here, I'd be in smallie heaven...I miss them.  :-[

TW