Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Barrett .50  (Read 1604 times)

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
Barrett .50
« on: September 28, 2006, 09:43:35 AM »
I have seen these mentioned quite a bit lately.

I did some research and just learned that these are made in the Boro. I want to shoot one.  ;D

Does anyone know if they give a tour of the facility?

Any one know of a gun range that has one to rent?

Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: Barrett .50
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 12:34:56 PM »
Yea they used to be out on Hwy 41. I don't know where they moved to. We used to hear them shooting all the time from a friend’s house on 41.

Not sure they would let you tour but I bet you could shoot one if you went to this.
http://www.knobcreekrange.com/

I have a few friends who went one year and they had a ball. Gunny from the Discovery Channel program Mail Call even did a show on the gathering. On the last night they get all the guns loaded with tracer rounds and everybody shoots at targets filled with gasoline for about 10 min. They even had something that looked like a MK 15 Phalanx filling the air with lead.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

dleo6446

Re: Barrett .50
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 10:58:36 PM »
now that is a KA piece if I ever saw one...

had a friend send me some footage of sniper work using a 50, it was awesome to say the least.  and there is also some footage on the internet if I can find the site again.

I like my Sharps pretty well but would love to pop a few caps on a barrett....