Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Obey Report 4/4-4/5  (Read 1688 times)

Travis C.

Obey Report 4/4-4/5
« on: April 06, 2008, 03:44:08 PM »
Hey guys, A buddy and I made the trip up on Friday. It ended up being a wasted trip. They started generating on Friday and never stopped. I knew with all the rain the trip could bust but it was too late to reschedule for us. We caught no trout and luckily got into some really large skipjack. These were the largestI have ever seen. The trip however ended abruptly when Saturday morning I awoke with some sort of flu bug. We managed to pack up iadn leave making pit stops on the way home with me throwing up. After arriving at my buddys house I realized my tired was  gushing air. I got down on the ground with a 102 fever after driving 2 hrs and we changed to tire. That makes the second trip to the Obey and third tire with a hole in it. Needless to say, That was my last trip up there. After being in bed and my wife thinking I was dying all night my fever finally broke and I am feeling a little better. This is the size of skippies that we were into during generation. They were blasting shad raps on ultra lights. I tried and tried to get one on the fly but never got a hook up. Here is my buddy holding up one of his. Oh well, back to the couch.

-Travis

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Obey Report 4/4-4/5
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 04:21:25 PM »
Travis, sorry to hear about your flu bug. :(

Skippies can be a load of fun! That fella is a hoss.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

TimM

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 08:28:51 AM »
Makes me want to go striper fishing!  ;D

Gofisher

• FishHead
  • "Sometimes I just don't pay attention!"
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 09:53:33 AM »
It's never any fun being sick! In regards to the flat tire, one of the last times I was camping at Dale Hollow, I woke up Saturday morning to a leaking tire with a nail in it. I was able to find a garage that was only open because they were working on a tractor! Tire was fixed and trip was saved. Nice fishie in your pic!
"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Gierach

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 11:33:29 AM »
+1 on the Karma meter!  After the flu and the flat tires, rain and generation, you could use it!!!

great pic of the skip!!!

tight lines,

"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead