Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: West Fork on Saturday  (Read 2704 times)

Rusty

West Fork on Saturday
« on: December 30, 2013, 10:20:48 AM »
My buddy and I had plans to fish below Nickajack but the water is still too high so we set off for the West Fork Saturday morning.  Within 10 minutes, I tied into a fiesty little smallie and a spotted bass, both in about 20 ft of water.  As the day progressed, we hit an area that was loaded with little whites.  He and I both had a blast throwing a 3" grub...I decided to leave the fly tackle at home and sure wished I had taken one.

They weren't the biggest but I was thinking we would be lucky to even get a bite when we launched around 6:30 and it was still in the 20's.  Nice little trip for my last excursion in 2013.

Fred Mertz

• FishHead
Re: West Fork on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »
Sounds like fun Rusty!

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 12:03:13 PM »
That sounds like a lot of fun.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 10:11:43 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

Gary

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 10:32:28 PM »
Good to hear someone got on some fish. I fished lower priest Saturday and only caught a few bass. Was going to go where you went but thought it would have been too muddy.  Hopefully get up there soon.

Gary

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 03:53:26 PM »
That was my first trip to that area and I look forward to going again.  Now, we have to figure out how to make the idiots with the 250 hp motors slow down when going through an area the size of a 2 lane road.  Respect for others has gone away.

Yes sir it has and it is a shame.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum