Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Stones River run 2-24-13  (Read 2760 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Stones River run 2-24-13
« on: February 24, 2013, 02:27:45 PM »
Headed way up the stones with Glenn this morning in search of Whites. No dice. Passed several folks in Gheenoe boats fly fishing. More fly fishermen than usual up there.  We slowed to no wake and spoke to most of the boats we passed and they were having a slow day also. We decided it wasn't worth wasting a nice day casting to fish that most likely aren't there yet so we ended the trip early. Shouldn't be long.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

DSchlact

Re: Stones River run 2-24-13
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 12:02:52 PM »
Mike - I was one of the guys in the Gheenoe crew (I was in the Camo boat).  Slow day for sure...I cruised down to some deeper water and had the same luck.  Lots of casting...but with the sun out and temps pushing 60 it was not a bad day to be outside.

DSchlact

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:14:57 AM »
Hit the same stretch of the Stones on Sunday - bite was a little better than it was a few weeks ago, but still not en fuego.  The crappie fishermen were having lots of luck.

I am usually a spinner, but pulled out my old POS flyrod and had a really good time figuring it out...might have to spend more time casting that thing...one of the last fish I saw that day was a small white bass who gave my fly a good follow.  Hopefully that's a sign of things to come in the next week or 2.

Here's a cell phone pic I took shortly after launching.  Water is up at least a few feet since 2/24...

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 09:57:37 AM »
Soon the the choices will be many. Can't believe I may be heading north to fish soon.  :o
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956