Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: best cigars  (Read 6273 times)

zactankersley

best cigars
« on: September 29, 2013, 10:54:22 PM »
out of curiosity what are your favorite cheaper cigars its a habit I have had for a bit. I prefer the wine wood tip by black and mild and the vanilla jewels

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: best cigars
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 07:12:46 AM »
Get a nice pipe, some fine tobacco, and cigars will be a thing of the past.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 08:31:14 AM »
left handed ones   ;)

zactankersley

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 08:39:19 AM »
never tried pipe always curious about it but afraid that will lead to constant smoking then to cigarettes

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 05:36:57 AM »
Don't believe in cheap cigars. I've been smoking cigars since the 90's (the original boom) and firmly believe that you should smoke the best you can afford. There are some great 2-3 dollar smokes out there and some bundles that are not only a great value but are great tasting as well.

I can share some of my favorites if you wish and the best places to buy them.

While I do like a pipe, I find it has a time and place in my smoking routine and I have to be in the right mood for it as well, my taste buds have to wanting that pipe taste (I prefer latakia and virginia's).
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

zactankersley

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 04:13:43 PM »
name one or two of the more expensive cigars in the 2 or 3 dollar range there is a shop here with a big humidor I would like to try one

Looper Flies

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 12:16:23 PM »
left handed ones   ;)

What he said...  Phillies.... ;)

or, when I'm in Memphis in the hood, the old While Owl works in a pinch...
Fish on!

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 01:21:21 PM »
name one or two of the more expensive cigars in the 2 or 3 dollar range there is a shop here with a big humidor I would like to try one

Rocky Patel Renaissance

or

Check out any in this list. Brick and Mortar will always cost you a little more than ordering online (although, I like buying local as well).

As well check out this for bundles,  http://www.mrbundles.com/
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 04:18:39 PM »
I still love the Gloria de Cubanas and the Hoyo de Monterey Excaliburs.  Both will be a little over $4 a stick but they are nice long smokes and very consistent in quality. 
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead

MidTNKayakAngler

• Kayak Fishing Aficionado
    • Kayak Fishing Unleashed
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 12:35:02 AM »
I took up cigars when I lived in Jacksonville, Florida and my obsession has grown over the last 8 years. Started out with a 25 count humidor and going to the local cigar shop everyother week where my wife and I befriended the owner. I would take a cooler of beer, or bottle of Scotch and spend the entire day in there just talking about life and enjoying good company. He turned me on to many great cigars. We went to 50 count humidor, and kept the 25 count, 3 years ago I retired the 25 and 50 count humidors and got a cabinet 600 count humidor.

My favorites (in no particular order)
Cusano 18 year (currently my favorite)
CAO Concert
Rocky Patel Sungrown, and Vintage Series
Alec Bradley Family Blend
Arturo Fuente Opus X (gifted), Hemmingway
CAO MX2
Montecristo Platinum
Nub

My wife likes the ACID Blondie, Kuba Kuba
CAO Flavours

Funny thing is we are not smokers, but once a week or so we will sit out on the back patio and enjoy a cigar, and beer or bourbon.

Jeremy

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »
I enjoyed a nice Perdomo Lot 23 yesterday. Today, something aged is in order. I have some cigars with 10+ years on them that are just getting where they need to be. Should be a good afternoon.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 01:39:33 PM »
I took up cigars when I lived in Jacksonville, Florida and my obsession has grown over the last 8 years. Started out with a 25 count humidor and going to the local cigar shop everyother week where my wife and I befriended the owner. I would take a cooler of beer, or bottle of Scotch and spend the entire day in there just talking about life and enjoying good company. He turned me on to many great cigars. We went to 50 count humidor, and kept the 25 count, 3 years ago I retired the 25 and 50 count humidors and got a cabinet 600 count humidor.

My favorites (in no particular order)
Cusano 18 year (currently my favorite)
CAO Concert
Rocky Patel Sungrown, and Vintage Series
Alec Bradley Family Blend
Arturo Fuente Opus X (gifted), Hemmingway
CAO MX2
Montecristo Platinum
Nub

My wife likes the ACID Blondie, Kuba Kuba
CAO Flavours

Funny thing is we are not smokers, but once a week or so we will sit out on the back patio and enjoy a cigar, and beer or bourbon.

Jeremy

CAO had one called a Soprano that was awesome good. Wish I had a few more of those. 
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

jgray

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 07:44:19 PM »
I'm late to this party, but I've been smoking two that I like a LOT (enough that I'm saving up for a box):

San Latano Maduro 
Joya de Nicaragua Cabinetta

There's a shop in E. Nashville that carries both; Cigars International too.

MidTNKayakAngler

• Kayak Fishing Aficionado
    • Kayak Fishing Unleashed
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 11:56:29 AM »

CAO had one called a Soprano that was awesome good. Wish I had a few more of those.
[/quote]

Back about 4-5 years ago I had the entire Soprano Collection one came in a red plastic case shaped like the trunk of an old Lincoln, and the other came in a red leather case shaped like a suit case. They were very good cigars, I think I still have the cases somewhere.

Jeremy