Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Curious some of your thoughts on Gun control.  (Read 577 times)

TFTN Admin

• Administrator
Curious some of your thoughts on Gun control.
« on: October 05, 2017, 08:59:25 AM »
After seeing the devastation unleashed on the crowd in LV I'm left wondering if maybe we've relaxed the regs a little bit too much. I'm a gun totin conservative and I always will be. However, I'm begining to wonder if we might need to reign in the regs to prevent purchasing of items like bump stocks and high cap mags. While I get that lunatics are gonna lunatic. How do you prevent this from happening again. Do we just accept that thats the America we live in.
It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that prevents us from living freely and nobly. ~Thoreau

kaisersoze

• FishHead
Re: Curious some of your thoughts on Gun control.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 10:12:51 AM »
Beats me Mike. I'm not gonna make a statement because of the PC world we live in.
Who is John Galt?

JoelO

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 12:05:23 PM »
I own guns mainly for hunting, plinking and some clay shooting.  I'm ok with stricter rules on magazine capacity and rapid fire capability...they wouldn't affect me.  I do need semi-auto capability since I usually miss the bird with my first shot. :)

Steve Howard

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 03:58:28 PM »
The regs really haven't been relaxed. It was proven time and again that the Clinton era gun ban didn't change anything. There are plenty of laws in place, as always this is a person issue. They need to focus on that and stop looking at the tool. Who do we blame when someone kills someone in a DUI, certainly not the vehicle.

Unfortunately, this might be the new age of lunacy. Given the polarity that the previous POTUS created.

If they want to regulate bumpfire stocks, so be it, don't own one, don't need one. There is too much government regulation as it is, we don't need more.

Just my $.02.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

TFTN Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 12:23:44 PM »
In this most recent terrorist attack I think Clinton era regs might has lessened the lethality of the killer. Bump stocks are gone, as they should be, you can bank on that.
It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that prevents us from living freely and nobly. ~Thoreau

jarrod white

• Jdub
  • Global Moderator
  • "I live because I fish, I work because I have to."
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 08:41:12 PM »
I will say I have absolutely no use for a bump stock or whatever the hell they are calling them ... just understand that it did not increase so to speak "the damage that was done .. that amount and much much more could have been done with a single shot bolt action rifle ... easily
I just don't care!

jladdsmith

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 09:32:55 PM »
Jarrod. 

What the hell are you talking about?

-Jonathan

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 07:35:43 AM »
I totally agree with what's said here. I've always thought "one shot, one kill" & never been excited by the high round capacity guns. With the way this world is going, I have been contemplating getting one though.

The guy bought them legally from what I understand, just like us, who's to say one of us may not "snap" one day, there's no guarantee.

IMO, where we've failed is in the justice system. Murderers, abusers do not need to be housed & fed, i'd like to see public hanging brought back, they gave up any right when they committed the crime, PERIOD.

I've carried for 43 years now  haven't killed anyone, there were quite a few that I think should have been shot, wasn't my right to carry it out.

Steve Howard

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 09:36:06 AM »
Jarrod. 

What the hell are you talking about?

-Jonathan

I think what he is saying is that if the guy was trained, he could have inflicted a lot more damage. He was shooting fish in a barrel.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

TFTN Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 08:40:51 AM »
Right. He wasn't trained... Didn't need to be, with that kind of firepower.

oldmanelrod

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 02:38:24 PM »
I own guns mainly for hunting, plinking and some clay shooting.  I'm ok with stricter rules on magazine capacity and rapid fire capability...they wouldn't affect me.  I do need semi-auto capability since I usually miss the bird with my first shot. :)

Same feelings for me.

kaisersoze

• FishHead
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 03:46:30 PM »
I agree w Grumpy on the public hangings. Remember that American kid a few years back that spray painted those cars over in Singapore and they gave him like 3 licks with a piece of bamboo or shit?? He couldn't sit down for 6 weeks. I bet he's pretty gun shy of a can of spray paint!! I'm about maxed out w society and how we dole out punishment. The criminal has more rights than the victim anymore.
Who is John Galt?

TFTN Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 08:42:00 AM »
Getting caught at a crime is no longer a deterrent if you already have a shitty life. I mean for some, going to prison might mean living longer since being on the streets is more dangerous. In prison you have round the clock security.  You might have to give it up to some dude named Lysol on occasion though.

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 09:21:51 PM »
I'd have more income if I didn't have to "house" the scumbags.

kaisersoze

• FishHead
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 08:03:53 PM »
 :o
Who is John Galt?