Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: late is better then ever  (Read 1307 times)

icthus

• FishHead
late is better then ever
« on: April 22, 2008, 08:29:53 PM »
This post is about two weeks late, but what the heck.  Went down to Florida a couple of weeks ago to see the folks and do a little fishing.  Well, the folks are doing fine, just bought a bigger house for me and my friends next time I go down there and people decided to come with me.  Fishing, well the first night I saw no snook, caught no snook, and well to say the least my line was not pulled to often (5 ladies and one big gator trout).  The next two days the fans were on full force and it was miserable out with no bites. 

The best thing about the trip was seeing my dad back to his old self wanting to stay out longer then me.  Got up at 4:00 a.m. friday and went to bed at 3:30 the next morning with salt in my hair.  I need a job down there bad!!!!!!!   Nothing like night fishing.

Blessings
Icthus
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
Re: late is better then ever
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 12:01:53 PM »
Craig,
Sounds like you had yourself a good visit with the FAM.  Too bad about the elusive snook---they can hide pretty good when the weather gets bad or the tide's not flowing right.  Looks like you'll have to get your fix chasing those May stripers with Mike.  I may wander over your direction next month.

Travis

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 05:38:00 PM »
come on over, you and your women are welcome in our house any time.  We only live a couple of minutes away from Mike, or you can stay with him I am sure he will not mind.  I was thinking the same thing about wondering up your way for a couple of days. 

It was good time with the fam.  I am going down in the next couple of months once the weather gets going good again. 

Blessings,

Icthus
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 08:15:04 PM »
Same goes for your welcome here Craig.  The nice weather will bring the mountain stream  and tailwater hatches to their peak very soon.  Also, once the smallmouth get settled after the spawn, they become aggressive on topwater in mornings and evenings.  Come on up any time.

Travis

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 09:35:55 PM »
Nice report Ic.

That Dad part, especially.
Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."