Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Winter trolling bite  (Read 4901 times)

fishfindergeneral

• www.trolldhl.com
Winter trolling bite
« on: January 20, 2011, 11:16:26 PM »
The bite has been hit or miss for me like most of the reports I've read. We have fished mostly the creeks on the lower end. Found fish feeding around the large bait balls at most depths from the surface all the way down to 80 ft or so. At one point we got a triple with a two man crew.                             

Dave   

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
Re: Winter trolling bite
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 11:32:06 PM »
Solid work Dave.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

Travis C.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 05:21:36 PM »
Man that is one fat crappie.  :o

John M

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 06:55:45 PM »
Nice fish! You guys definetly got a mixed bag.

dpkdavis

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 05:59:06 PM »
Dave how is the fishing right now.

fishfindergeneral

• www.trolldhl.com
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 07:30:06 PM »
Keith, Depends on what you're into. The trolling bite is slow, everything is staging or spawning. Throwing cranks, swim baits and jerk baits on the upper end for smallies is on fire. The water temps up there are around 55 and the fish are shallow around spawning flats. The mid section and lower end are still aroud 49 or 50.  Another week or two and the trolling bite will  pick up.   Dave
Dave   

West TN Fly

• Trout Head
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 11:00:15 PM »
Dave,
   You always have the MONSTER fish pic’s – I have been fishing for most of my life saltwater and freshwater and don’t constantly hook up with fish that size – awesome fish, down right bad ass angling if you ask me! 

fishfindergeneral

• www.trolldhl.com
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 11:52:23 PM »
Hey West Tn Fly, I started to abbreviate your name but I didn't want you to take WTF the wrong way ;) Thanks for the kind words. I'm lucky enough to live 2 hrs from Dale Hollow. I know guys that drive more than 6 hrs on a regular basis. If you have not been yet, its worth a look.... Dave
Dave