Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: night fishing  (Read 2833 times)

icthus

• FishHead
night fishing
« on: August 13, 2015, 03:07:25 PM »
Decided to go chase some reds in the early morning.  Caleb my 13 year old nephew has the fishing bug too, and he didn't shy away from the 3:00am wake up call.  We were on the water by 3:15 and landed our first red at 3:25.  Fishing continued to be good all day.  This was the biggest red we caught, he measured out at 26"s.

Tasty,
Pal

"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: night fishing
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 04:33:17 PM »
ah, got nephew to post a pic ;)

gaspergou

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 06:08:06 PM »
NICE!

In other news, Los Angeles reports sub-freezing temperatures...

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 10:43:23 PM »
Nice fish!

I agree with Grumpy, the nephew posted the pics.  :P
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 11:10:22 PM »
LOL…
Suck it..I signed up for photo bucket on the iPhone 4.  Seems to be working and photo bucket is somewhere between f-off and saaaaweeet.  So luckily for me, this is the easiest time of year to catch fish on a fly, you should start seeing some salty pics.  Anyways, Pal sorry I missed your call, pal give me a shout, and Pal thanks for calling this week you are a true friend.

On a flip note, made it out tonight and saw a awesome sunset.  God is the grandest painter I have ever seen.   After a shower passed through, I loaded up, "Pal's Only" and started my journey north. Much like in TN it is easy to fish the same runs the sam spots and you get the same results.  15-20 fish on the lights, but that is about it for the day.  You look at yourself in the mirror and think, damn I look average, maybe average plus---but I caught 17 fish today I am better then half the moafs that go to BPS so lets have a cosmo; me whiskey and Coke, Rum and Coke, Beer, Whiskey straight, or maybe a pull of Run or Shine depending where it came from.  Then there are people like the Wiles that are like---F-it, lets pull a canoe 2.5 miles just to get a spot before the water drops to get to a fish of a lifetime…despite cramping and dehydration 1 out of 10 times I have a fish story no one believes.  So north I went, and did it ever pay off…I have had days where I after three hours of dry fly fishing I packed up and headed home for three three hour drive.  I was asked at 3:00pm why are you home… l looked at her and said, unless I get lucky there is nothing that is going to top the day of fishing I just had. 

Yes my friend it was one of this nights.  I fished to tailors, I fished to snook, and I landed over 25 reds 18-25"s.  This all because I choose to do something different then the norm.  I went north instead of south.  I had a inkling and figured it out.  The flies in April are not what they want in Aug. I learned this 4 years ago---.

I stand on my soap box and tell you this….

Go Fishing, keep a journal, and challenge yourself to get better; in the long run that is why you started fly fishing correct?

Pal for President,
and alway remember your stroke fwd needs to match the stroke back,
-Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

jladdsmith

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 08:48:28 PM »
moafs  ;D

It's been too long since I've had a day like that!  One of my best pals just bought a little cabin in Delacroix LA, so hoping to change that in a couple of months.  Supposed to be redfish heaven down there. 

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 03:24:26 PM »
Pal, I'll call you Monday on my way in. Headed out now to run errands and then to eat with the wife. Tomorrow, maybe fishing for sallies again if the rain didn't upset the Harpeth River.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum