Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Dock Lights and Wind  (Read 3460 times)

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Dock Lights and Wind
« on: October 15, 2016, 03:50:25 PM »
Lisa and I went to Florida this week for a little R&R and we met with Pal on Tuesday evening for some dock light fishing. Craig warned me it was going to be tough with the high tide and wind but we went out anyway.

Lisa was on camera duty and well, there wasn't much to camera duty about. I had some good bumps and one solid hook up of Red that I broke off. The best part of all of it besides my lovely wife being on the water with me was being with a good friend, if only for a few hours.

All I can say is, he is getting the salt dialed in and is really getting to know the waters. We were going to fish during the day on Thursday but the winds were not our friend. It blew 10-15 with 20 mph gusts. Needless to say we called that off.

I'll be back Pal. It was so good to see you.

Florida by Steve Howard, on Flickr

Florida by Steve Howard, on Flickr
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

kaisersoze

• FishHead
Re: Dock Lights and Wind
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 11:39:36 AM »
Hey how much was that boat rental and can I get a discount if I'm a regular customer at Canoe the Caney??  :'(
Who is John Galt?

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 11:31:19 PM »
Thanks for the good times Pal, I truly enjoyed it.

Need to plan a trip for next year.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 01:57:14 PM »
Pal---

It was great to see you, thank you for the tarpon carving.  A week later and you would have been golden.  We landed three large reds, and 6 large trout ove the last two nights.  Its tough to find good friends, and I appreciate you making the trip.

On a side note, dont point the rod tip at a 25" red when hooked up.  :D :D :D :D,
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 05:59:50 AM »
Hey how much was that boat rental and can I get a discount if I'm a regular customer at Canoe the Caney??  :'(
  only if you drill holes in the bottom of them ;)

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 10:55:41 AM »
Nice Simms-Sage sandals pal.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 07:18:26 AM »
Lol-yea Sierra Trading post sponsors me now.  I have two pair because people don't understand not to wear black soul shoes on "Pals Only".  Not the most comfortable, but they keep my boat nice and clean.

Simm/Sage 4life,
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"