Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: I had a bunch of blanks just sitting around and some time tonight.  (Read 4287 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
So I cranked out a 7' med action spinning rod. I'll post up some pics later it's on the turner right now.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: I had a bunch of blanks just sitting around and some time tonight.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 12:34:30 PM »
Nothing fancy but man is this a sweet blank and I was done in one night. Would be an ideal Hybrid or Redfish topwater rod. It was from Batson Ent.before they offshored their blanks. It is a Rainshadow RX7 IP903. I used Fuji Concept guide spacing, 9 Fuji Alconite guides + tip top, used the Forhan Locking Wrap to ensure they NEVER come out from under the wraps. Pac Bay seat with a solid flexcoat reel Seat Arbor, and mid grade cork. Fly rod guide for a hook keeper, flexcoat finish.

Pretty much a no frills get the job done spinning rod that will stand the test of time.

Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Gofisher

• FishHead
  • "Sometimes I just don't pay attention!"
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 02:04:23 PM »
Pretty cool. Good looking rod.
"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Gierach

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 04:50:30 PM »
Just put the cork and seat on it's twin.

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 05:20:34 PM »
It was from Batson Ent.before they offshored their blanks.

Batson is still domestic.  I drove by the facility last summer.  All blanks with + are still domestically produced.  

PS nice job!

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 05:42:58 PM »
Yea I seem to remember that the kept the high end stuff here. This blank was one that didn't stay.

Thanks, I'm just using stuff I have laying around. I sure do miss Bob at Custom Tackle.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 01:22:51 PM »
Very nice Mike.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum