Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: 29 June 13 Report  (Read 1555 times)

oldmanelrod

29 June 13 Report
« on: July 01, 2013, 11:06:39 AM »
Fished from General's Island down to Farris Creek bridge. Water clear, very little weed for this time of the year. River at 240 CFS making enough water for fish not to spook and easy to wade. Some surface action. There was a fly fisherman wearing them out at the bridge in the 10 am when I put in. The only other  fly fisherman I countered the rest of the day were having good luck with a "green dry fly" of an unknown name. Me and fishing buddy used 1/4 oz  chartruse, blue/silver rooster tails and Rebel crawfish and had a great day.
The fish are running on the smaller than usual size for the Elk stockers but the numbers are much better than recent reports have indicated. That said both of us of caught several rainbows and browns in the 14-16" range. The high light of the day was a beautiful 14" brooke than buddy caught. There are good fish there just not in the numbers there used to be. if you don't have access to a boat and don't mind walking a 1/2 mile upstream from bridge there is a good gravel bar that you can wade that is full of browns that fishes well the last couple of hours of the day.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: 29 June 13 Report
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 01:29:50 PM »
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear it is fishing well.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum