Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: More post-rainy day fun  (Read 4397 times)

gaspergou

• Global Moderator

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
Re: More post-rainy day fun
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 11:24:06 AM »
Lucky guy.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

Fred Mertz

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 11:25:09 AM »
Bubba owes those gentlemen a great deal.
Wonder if he's smart enough to realize how much...

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 11:32:19 AM »
He needs more cricket juice in his salve tube for his flies.

gaspergou

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 12:19:40 PM »
He needs more cricket juice in his salve tube for his flies.

<snort!>

I'd be tempted to give that dude an inner tube.

As of a couple weeks ago, there was a late-model pickup truck left abandoned in the middle of the stream channel up there, about a half-mile downstream of the nearest road -- upright, but with a lot of debris wedged around it. Apparently one of Rhea County's best and brightest tried to cross a low water ford at high water. They got out, the truck didn't. With this latest flood event, it's probably well downstream now, leaking gas and oil through a really nice State Natural Area. It would probably take either a helicopter or cutting it into pieces to extract it.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 01:41:17 PM »
Glad he is lucky because he sure is stupid.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 06:56:14 PM »
LOL- Anderson almost had to swift water rescue me yesterday on the Caneydork.  I have grown to despise that river in some aspects.  I know the economy is down, but Piss on your leg, blow the horn.  I looked up and MikeA was like, Bro we should roll, I was thinking hmmm, I sticking 20s and I dont want to leave this.  Next thing you know I am wading in water to my rib cage and all I am thinking is how is pal going down---not really I would have m, Phelps' it to the steps.  The guy down river was to far to be saved, but we got out safe.  Thank you TVA for being who you are--- please raise my rates and waste manpower on buoys and cable. 

Damn you might think they are run by the government,
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"