Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Still No Stocking  (Read 2595 times)

czkid

Still No Stocking
« on: March 08, 2014, 10:52:37 AM »
Our dear friends have not stocked the Elk per schedule... anybody knows what gives????
Petri Heil

Ralph

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
Re: Still No Stocking
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 09:30:07 PM »
I put in a few hours Wednesday from the dam to Drivers (paintball) water was gin clear, as clear as it was back in the early 90's, but VOID of fish, I was only fly slinger until I ran in Bob Shanks near Drivers, 7 bait guys and only 1 small rainbow between them. I didn't see a fish, get a bump, but it was good to be out. I will make up for it when I head to Sowbug :)

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 10:21:31 AM »
I put in a few hours Wednesday from the dam to Drivers (paintball) water was gin clear, as clear as it was back in the early 90's, but VOID of fish, I was only fly slinger until I ran in Bob Shanks near Drivers, 7 bait guys and only 1 small rainbow between them. I didn't see a fish, get a bump, but it was good to be out. I will make up for it when I head to Sowbug :)

A few friends from my neighborhood fished the Elk recently and had a similar report.  They put in a FULL day and between them they got skunked.  These guys are not the kind of guys who would get skunked either - they are great fishermen.  They did not float but waded 4 different areas and said they saw very little in the way of fish in the river - like basically nothing...

What a shame - what in the heck happened?
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 11:23:04 AM »
What ever it is it seems to happen frequently up there. I've floated it in a SUP standing up looking down in the clear water with Polarizers on and not seen any fish where there should have been plenty.  IMO it should have plenty of holdover bows but you sure don't ever hear about them.. It's a weird situation.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 12:23:32 PM »
I have hit and miss success.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum