Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: fri negative tide fishing  (Read 1972 times)

icthus

• FishHead
fri negative tide fishing
« on: December 16, 2016, 03:58:59 PM »
Had the day off and figured why not go fishing.  Loaded up the sled and headed to second cove.  There is a deep trough that runs between two flats and theoretically that is where the fish would be.  Well…the trout were there but the reds were not.  I did have a shot at a tailor and sucked- so he swam off.  Moved to a different spot where the wind was not as bad and waded to a tailing sheepshead, Never seen that before.  After a couple of minutes and two cast later, i got him to eat.  Not a great fight, but an epic eat.  Landed him and he went around 5 or 6 lbs.  One of the bigger sherpas I've seen around.  I start walking back to the boat thinking how I am going to cook him and poof he jumped out of my hands and he was gone. 

Merry Christmas,
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: fri negative tide fishing
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 06:47:58 AM »
guess he was getting negative vibes from ya, Merry Christmas to you & yours ;)

kaisersoze

• FishHead
Re: fri negative tide fishing
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 11:45:52 AM »
Pal you oughtta get a stringer. That's what I use when I head to the Caney. Last week I almost lost an 18" Brown my stringer saved me. Goooooooddd eatin!!

Merry Crimmus!

Delbert
Who is John Galt?