Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: No Crappie at Walter Hill.....Yet.  (Read 1523 times)

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
No Crappie at Walter Hill.....Yet.
« on: March 06, 2007, 07:23:18 PM »
I know it's early, and I'm being optimistic, but I've got crappie fever bad. My skillet is ready for a mess of them little specks.

Left work early and drove to Walter Hill Dam.  Fished all of my old haunts that produce when they are up there.

Basically from the dam to a half mile downstream. Didn't find any crappie. Found lot's of blue gills that were hungry and eating my plastic grubs, but nothing else.  It won't be long, but they weren't there today.

It was kind of tough wading. I don't think the water is that high, I think it's just the thought of falling when the water is this cool that makes it tough for me. I keep an extra set of clothes in the truck even though it's a nice air temp, if you go swimming and don't get dry and warm it could ruin your day.

Be careful.  I'll try them again in a couple of days.
Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
Re: No Crappie at Walter Hill.....Yet.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 09:31:38 PM »
Aint no Crappie at Walter Hill... Sounds like a blues song man. Call me next time you head this way. You know my schedule.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.

JayA

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 11:11:53 PM »
Ron,

Let me know if your down this way again.  I live about three miles from Walter Hill and I could easily join you one day.

Jay

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 10:24:03 AM »
Will do guys. Sometimes I don't know I get to go until the moment is here.
Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."