Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Pops putting on a seminar  (Read 2801 times)

icthus

• FishHead
Pops putting on a seminar
« on: September 19, 2014, 09:48:45 PM »
Well,
Its been over 9 days since I have been on that water and I finally made it out.  The kids have settled amazingly, while the wife is anxious about selling a house and moving out with the in-laws.  I would be too, but I am a couple 24ozers deep in rum and COKE so I feel good with my old toys and memories.  Anyways, to the meat. I was going fishing no matter what tonight, despite the driving rain, and my Pops asked me if I was alone.  Yep, get your gear because I am out in 5 minutes. (I feel at times I am fishing with thumper when I go out with Pops, but hell, he is the only reason why I am here, literally, so I let it go.  Thumper--well he is a pal so we let that go too).  I have fished this flat exclusively the last four weeks (21 out of 31 days).  I have figured out the tides, flow, and topography, so I took off thinking i had it dialed in.  Well… The old man took me to school tonight.  One red at 25"(made it to the make shift stringer----3, 30lb doubled tippet line, and 2 punches in the F*&^),21" snook, and a missed 30+ in snook all in two hours,  Me nothing. 

I found myself with the shakes, excited to see the success of someone who gave me the passion to fish.  Before I was born, my mom told me about times where my Pops would stay up all night to catch snook, or go out when the wind was blowing out of the east to catch, "specs" to sell to the local restaurants when others wouldn't.

Pals Out

"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: Pops putting on a seminar
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 06:10:59 AM »
So, you don't have to worry about bringing any gear ;D

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 09:56:53 PM »
Good stuff.

Will be calling you tomorrow about the sale with sage advice.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 06:53:23 PM »
Doubt you will call---I feel only Kaizor and Thumper will call.  Driftwood1, nope, Howard Nope. 
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 07:31:26 PM »
Doubt you will call---I feel only Kaizor and Thumper will call.  Driftwood1, nope, Howard Nope. 
Pal

Work has been hectic past two days so f'off Pal. Amazing you write me off for two missed calls.

Kiss my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 06:30:08 AM »
Standing on side of road with my thumb up :-[

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 06:31:09 PM »
Talked to Pal, he's still an ass but I'll forgive him for his pointless comments.  ;)

Call me tomorrow.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 09:37:48 AM »
Pal---thanks for the pep, 7 snook and one red this morning. nothing big, but hey better then nothing.

-pal

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 04:40:06 PM »
Pal---thanks for the pep, 7 snook and one red this morning. nothing big, but hey better then nothing.

-pal

Let's just say, I don't expect Pal to call. OH SNAP!  :D
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum