Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Priest Striper 4/13/2007  (Read 1673 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Priest Striper 4/13/2007
« on: April 13, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
Got out after work today for about 2 hours in all before the rain set in on us. It was a little slow but I was seeing arches on the graph so I kept casting the 500 grain and stripping it back. About an hour into it this Striper came outa nowhere and took the fly. He gave me a nice fight on a 10wt but I wish I’d have been using my 7wt instead, hard to cast 500 on a 7 though… The rest of the trip was pretty dull and grey except a Hybrid and a foul hooked Gar. I had planned on fishing till dark but I’m done with cold, windy, rainy, days till next winter. Who am I kidding, I’ll be back out just as soon as I can get away.

There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.