Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Kayakers chasing the stripers and hybrids  (Read 3307 times)

Striperfishin

Kayakers chasing the stripers and hybrids
« on: October 19, 2010, 02:48:31 PM »
I will be Continuing to hit Priest over the next few months twice a week or so fishing for the hybrids and stripers from the Kayak. For safety reasons it is nice to use the buddy system when Kayaking. I mainly use spinning tackle and soft plastics, but break out the fly rod on occasion. I'll throw topwaters too, but the soft plastics have been out producing the surface stuff.
If anyone is interested in going during the week. PM me. I don't like to go on the weekends because of the increased traffic, but I have on occasion.

Good fishing,
Brian

MidTNKayakAngler

• Kayak Fishing Aficionado
    • Kayak Fishing Unleashed
Re: Kayakers chasing the stripers and hybrids
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 11:04:07 AM »
Hey Brian

I'm interested. I work mostly Mon-Fri 0700-1500, and will be available anytime after 1500, and usually all weekends. I mainly target black bass out of the kayak, but very interseted in Stripers, or Hybrids. It will be my wife and I we sport Hobie Pro Anglers, and Wilderness Systems Tarpons. We live about 10 minutes from the dam of Percy Priest. We maily fish the rivers, and small lakes with the exception of Old Hickory every once in a while. We are experienced anglers, just not Stripers, and Hybrids. We may need some tips.

Just PM me when you want to go, or PM me and I'll give you my number and we can plan something.

Jeremy

MidTNKayakAngler

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 11:31:15 AM »
Brian,

I sent you a PM, let me know if you got it.

Jeremy

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 03:31:12 PM »
Jeremy this is right up your alley.

PS I have your pictured plastered on the Duck thread. hehe.

I would try and join you guys, but I just sold my Manta Ray 14.  I plan on purchasing another yak over the winter.

Blake

MidTNKayakAngler

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 06:06:03 PM »
Yea, Blake I saw it. I have been a member here for a while, and get on here regularly, just never had the opportunity to post. from what I've seen looks like a pretty good group with a lot of information to take in.

Oh' I forgot Blake, I've got a kayak you can use if you want to join us on a larger lake. Tarpon 160, sorry when I have the chance to use the Pro Angler that's my #1 choice, or the Tarpon 120, but you would have to ask Sarah on that one, but she is like me if the Pro Angler can be used that her primary choice.

Jeremy

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 06:47:23 PM »
hmm tempting, very tempting, especially if I lived closer.

txnative

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 07:01:02 AM »
Sounds like a blast. My schedule varies daily, but i can usually adjust it if needed.  Pm me the days/times you're going and i'll give you my contact info.

Thanks,
                                                            Chris

MidTNKayakAngler

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 08:28:53 AM »
I'm free all day next Saturday, and Sunday Oct 30th-31st
Free Sat Nov 13th all day, Evening of Nov 14th
Nov 20th-21st free in the evenings
Nov 24th-29th possibly late mornings free for about 3-4hrs each day.

I know you like going during the week in the mornings, but unfortunately that's when I mainly work Mon-Fri 0700-1500

OR just PM, or call when you know you will be going and we can meet up.

Jeremy

txnative

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 11:13:57 AM »
I'm open for almost  any weekday after 330, but i'll need at least a day's notice beforehand. Also, weekends are usually wide open. Just let me know when and where.

If it swims

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 07:13:38 PM »
I'm also up for some yak fishing.  I'm new to the area, got a tarpon 120 that's fished in 3 states- salt and fresh.  Would love to get on some striper!  I'm off this tues and fri.   Have you been doing any good lately?  PM me and let's talk tackle.  ;D
"My greatest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Striperfishin

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 05:47:21 PM »
Working in South Louisiana right now. Plan on getting out in the next few weeks once I get back to TN. I will take the Kayak out all winter fishing as long as it is not too cold. Let me know if anyone is going out and needs a buddy boater. Wish I had the yak and time to fish down here. I'm surrounded by water and good fishing. It's giving me withdrawals.

Brian